Parkview Inn Allentown: Your PA Conference & Staycation Paradise!

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn Allentown: Your PA Conference & Staycation Paradise!

Parkview Inn Allentown: My (Brutally Honest) Review - Conference Paradise or Staycation Snafu? Buckle Up!

Okay, alright, here’s the deal. I just got back from a stay at the Parkview Inn Allentown, and I'm still trying to sort through the emotional baggage. Is it a conference dream? A staycation savior? Or just… a hotel? Honestly, it's a mixed bag, and I’m going to spill the tea. Prepare yourselves for a bumpy, honest ride.

Accessibility: Getting Around Without Doing a Triple Axel

First off, accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I appreciate places that actually think about people who are. Parkview gets some points here. They claim to be Wheelchair accessible, which is a good start. Elevator is a must, and they have one (thank goodness!). Plus, the presence of Facilities for disabled guests is essential. However, I didn't specifically test everything, so I can't give a definitive "thumbs up" across the board. Just know they claim to be on the right track. Let’s be real, a hotel saying it's accessible and actually being it are sometimes two different things. Proceed with caution if accessibility is a major concern – call ahead and ask specific questions.

The Pandemic Playbook: Cleanliness & Safety - Are We Safe?

Alright, this is where things get complicated. Post-COVID. The Parkview is trying. They have Hand sanitizer everywhere, which is a win. They boast about Professional-grade sanitizing services, and Rooms sanitized between stays. I hope they're using Anti-viral cleaning products! I didn't see a hazmat suit, so… fingers crossed. They shout about Daily disinfection in common areas and Sterilizing equipment, so that's promising. I even noticed Individually-wrapped food options at breakfast.

But let's be real, I’m still that awkward person clutching my own travel wipes. There’s Staff trained in safety protocol, which is… good. They have Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. Fine. They have Safe dining setup. Fine. They claim Room sanitization opt-out available… okay, if you really, really trust them. And they have Hot water linen and laundry washing! Honestly, it's a lot, but it could also be a checklist they’re just saying. I’m getting a little paranoid now… it's a hotel, not a biohazard lab.

The Cashless payment service is a definite plus. I’m all about avoiding physical contact. And in terms of security, they have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, a 24-hour Front desk, and Security [24-hour]. Feels safe enough, I suppose.

Dining and Drink – The Breakfast Buffet… A Rollercoaster

Okay, let’s talk food. This is where I have feelings. They have Restaurants, a Bar, and a Poolside bar. So, variety! A la carte in restaurant? Yes, please. Asian cuisine in restaurant? Intriguing. International cuisine in restaurant? Alright, I'm in. But then… the Breakfast [buffet]. Oh, the buffet.

It was… a journey. The first morning, I saw a lone, sad-looking croissant. It looked like it had been there since the Reagan administration. A little rough patch… The second day, the Breakfast [buffet] was slightly better. The Breakfast service itself was efficient. Okay, I’ll be honest, a well-made croissant is worth paying for… I can't complain and there's a Coffee/tea in restaurant, and in retrospect I should have looked into that.

There's Room service [24-hour], which could be a lifesaver after a long day of conferencing or just hiding in your room. In addition, Alternative meal arrangement, because some of us are weird eaters! I'm kind of wishing I had tried the Vegetarian restaurant, now that I am thinking about it… oh well.

The Room – A Tale of Two Towels (and a Creaking Bed)

Let's talk about the rooms. Mine was… functional. Standard, maybe a little blah but functional. They Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, a Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, a Desk, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Non-smoking, a Refrigerator, a Shower, Smoke detector, a Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, and Wi-Fi [free]. The basics, right?

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms – YES! Huge win. The internet actually worked, unlike some hotels where you're forced to tether your life away.. The Internet access – LAN option, not relevant for me, but appreciated that there's options!

The Bathrobes were fluffy, which is a nice touch. The bed? Well, let's just say it creaked with every movement. I swore I could hear the springs crying in protest when I rolled over. The Towels themselves were fine, but they felt like sandpaper. I'm exaggerating a little (okay, a lot), but the texture of the towels was not a highlight. The Additional toilet would be a plus for a family maybe? Although, I was alone, so not for me.

Things to Do – Spa Dreams and Poolside Whispers (Mostly Dreams)

Okay, the amenities. This is where the Parkview could shine, but… it misses the mark slightly. They have a Swimming pool [outdoor] and a Swimming pool, I never went, so I can't tell you if it was any good. There's a Fitness center, and a Gym/fitness. I’m not a gym person, so I can't comment. They have a Spa and Spa/sauna, which sounds promising. The Sauna, Steamroom, and Massage are all potential sources of bliss.

BUT. Here’s the kicker. I didn’t use any of them! Too much conference-ing, and not enough relaxing, I guess. I wish I would have booked the Body scrub or Body wrap, but then I would have missed my conference! It sounds lovely.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter (Sometimes)

Daily housekeeping? Good. Laundry service? Essential. Dry cleaning? Fancy. Concierge? Well, I didn’t actually need them, so I couldn’t rate them, but they exist! They offer a Car park [free of charge] – huge win! Car park [on-site]. Cash withdrawal is a helpful extra. Luggage storage is always a plus. The Convenience store came in handy for snacks.

Meeting/banquet facilities? That's why I was there! Conference stuff seemed well-organized. They also have Indoor venue for special events, and Outdoor venue for special events. Also, for people who are into it, a Shrine. But for events… they don’t have Wi-Fi for special events. Ugh, what? Really?

For the Kids – Family Friendly? Maybe…

While I didn't have any kids with me, the Parkview Inn lists Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal. So, it seems like they’re trying.

The Verdict: Is the Parkview Inn Worth It?

Look, the Parkview Inn Allentown isn't perfect. It's a bit of a mixed bag. But… it's functional. It's convenient. The location is probably decent. The price was competitive. Some things were good, some were not so good. I think so so.

Here's the Bottom Line: If you're looking for a functional hotel with conference facilities, it's worth considering. It's not going to blow your mind, but it’ll get the job done. If you're looking for a luxurious staycation experience… maybe manage your expectations. Be prepared to embrace the quirks, the occasional creaky bed, and the somewhat unpredictable breakfast buffet. And definitely, definitely check the spa situation.

Now, for the Pitch!

Tired of Boring Conferences? Conquer Your Goals & Unwind at Parkview Inn Allentown!

Here's why you NEED to book your next gathering (or escape!) at Parkview Inn:

  • Seamless Conference Experience: Host a productive conference with our state-of-the-art Meeting/banquet facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events, and Projector/LED display. We take the stress out of planning, so you can focus on what matters!
  • Staycation Bliss (if you go for it): After a productive day of meetings, treat yourself to some serious relaxation! Indulge in a rejuvenating Spa, sweat it out in the
Quigley Residence: Limerick's Most Luxurious Hidden Gem?

Book Now

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Allentown, and it's gonna be… well, something. Here we go! This is the Parkview Inn Adventure – or, you know, as close to an adventure as a conference center can get.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Wifi Hunt (and maybe a meltdown)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at the Parkview Inn. Okay, so, first impressions? Let's just say it's got the "business casual" vibe down pat. Think beige carpets, a slightly sad-looking lobby plant… and the promise of free Wi-Fi. Important word: promise.
  • 1:15 PM – 2:00 PM: The Great Wi-Fi Hunt Begins. My room? Actually, it's fine. Clean. Has a vaguely itchy bedspread. But the Wi-Fi? Non-existent. Or worse, excruciatingly slow. I swear, I'm pretty sure it's powered by hamsters on tiny treadmills. Cue minor internal panic. I have emails. Deadlines. The internet is my lifeblood! (Dramatic sigh). Finally, after fiddling around with the connection and yelling at the device for 20 minutes, it started to work. Whew.
  • 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Conference Check-In and Awkward Name Tag Moments. Okay, let's just get this over with. I got my name tag, the one that always looks a bit like a small prison ID. "Hello, my name is insert incredibly embarrassing name here." I'm pretty sure half the people here are trying to avoid making eye contact. Solidarity.
  • 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Keynote Speech (or, the Nap Opportunity). The first keynote. The speaker, bless their heart, was… energetic. Perhaps too energetic. My mind wandered. I may have accidentally dozed during the presentation on “Synergistic Collaboration.” (Don't judge. It was stuffy in there).
  • 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Cocktail Hour – And the People-Watching Begins. Honestly, best part of the day. Pretending to network while I surreptitiously judge everyone's outfit choices. The lady with the aggressively floral blazer? The guy with the aggressive comb-over? Oh, the stories these walls could tell. Also, the free mini quiches were surprisingly good.
  • 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: First Dinner at the Conference. Food. It's… food. Not gourmet, but it'll keep me alive. Met some new contacts, but they all seemed to be talking about… business. Again. Need some escape!
  • 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Down Time. Attempting to catch a little more Wi-Fi, trying to reach the folks back home, and making sure to charge all the electronics.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Time to rest and prep for the next event.

Day 2: Networking, Workshops, and Existential Dread (Maybe)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Get ready. Eat breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Networking Breakfast. More forced smiles. More name tags. I met someone who actually enjoyed networking. (Am I the odd one?)
  • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Workshop #1. "The Power of Positive Thinking." Okay, I'm going in with an open mind. Try to be positive, Sarah.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch! Again "food" that won't kill me.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Workshop #2. "Building Your Brand." Ugh. I have a brand? What brand? Mostly, I just want a nap. I start looking around the room. Is everyone as lost on the topic as I am? Probably.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Break.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Second Dinner.
  • 6:00 PM: Free time!
  • 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: More networking.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime.

Day 3: Saying Goodbye (and Hoping to God the Hamsters Have Kept the Wi-Fi Running)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Get ready. Eat breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Final Presentation.
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Checkout. Goodbye, beige carpet.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: One last awkward goodbye to acquaintances.
  • 12:00 PM: Head home.

Okay, so not exactly the most riveting itinerary in the world. But hey, Allentown. It's got its charm, in a, uh… conference-center-y kind of way. And I survived! And that, my friends, is all that matters. See you next time, Parkview Inn! Maybe.

Osaka's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Mystery of Mado Naka Kumo Kage!

Book Now

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn Allentown: FAQs...And My Brain's Ramblings About It!

What's the deal with Parkview Inn? Is it actually nice?

Okay, *honest* time? Parkview Inn is...well, it's a solid *yes* with a big ol' asterisk. Think dependable jeans – they're comfy, they fit, but maybe you wouldn't wear them to a gala. It's definitely NOT a five-star luxury palace, okay? Don't come expecting a marble lobby and a butler. *I* came expecting...well, a clean bed and maybe a slightly-less-than-sterile bathroom. And I mostly got that! More on the “mostly” later… It's good for conferences, for sure. Lots of meeting rooms, decent wifi (a *must* these days, right?), and the food is...edible. I remember one conference where they had this *amazing* chocolate fountain. Okay, I might have gone back five times. Don't judge me! It was a stressful presentation, and chocolate is therapy. So, yeah, nice enough. But not…mind-blowing nice. Still, better than staring at your laptop in your pajamas all day, I guess.

What kind of conferences does Parkview Inn host?

Everything! Seriously. I've seen everything from insurance seminars (which, let's be honest, sound about as exciting as watching paint dry) to tech conferences (where everyone looks like they’re wearing the same black t-shirt). I even think I saw a… *wait for it*… taxidermy convention once. Yes, really. I wandered into the wrong ballroom looking for coffee, saw a bunch of stuffed squirrels, and promptly fled! So, a wide variety. Probably best to check *before* you go, especially if you have... a phobia of fluffy, dead animals. Just sayin'. They seem to be the go-to for a lot of local businesses and organizations in the Allentown area.

Is the food any good? Because, you know, conferences...

Okay, the food. *Deep breath*. It's… adequate. Let's put it that way. Buffet style, generally. There's usually a carving station with some sort of meat that's either perfectly cooked or…well, let’s just say it’s seen better days. The salads are fine. Never the highlight of my day. And the desserts? Hit or miss. That chocolate fountain, though… GOLD. I’m still dreaming about that chocolate fountain. They usually have a pretty good selection of coffee, which is crucial for any conference that starts before 9 am. Because, no one's functional at 8:30 am. They had this weird Jell-O salad once. It'd be the only thing I truly avoid if I was forced to go back, but, aside from that, it's okay.

What are the rooms like? Comfortable? Cramped? Haunted? (Okay, maybe not haunted...)

The rooms...are, again, okay. Think "functional." Not luxurious. You're not gonna be *wowed*. Think comfortable enough to get a decent night's sleep *after* a long day of networking (or hiding in the bathroom scrolling through your phone, no judgement). The beds are generally fine. The pillows…well, bring your own if you’re picky, because they tend to be of the “flat as a pancake” variety. The bathrooms are clean, which is a huge win in my book. I’ve never felt any *definite* spectral presences, though I *did* once hear a strange knocking in the middle of the night and, let's be honest, the air conditioning unit sounded like a dying walrus. So…maybe a *little* haunted. Or just old. I’d bring earplugs, just in case. Definitely a good idea.

Is there anything to do *besides* attend your conference/staycation?

Yes! Kinda! Allentown has stuff. It’s not exactly a buzzing metropolis, but there are things to do! (and it certainly wasn't the best part for me, but I can say that). There's the Allentown Art Museum (if you're into art, and I am *not*), a minor league baseball team (go Ironpigs!), and some decent restaurants. Pro tip: avoid the chain restaurants *at all costs*, especially if you’re there with a bunch of colleagues. You want to *escape* the awkward chain restaurant conversations, trust me. I'd rather get lost in Ikea than go to a conference or a staycation, but hey. Check out local events, there's often something going on. Research before you go!

What's the parking situation? Because nothing's worse than bad parking.

Parking is…usually okay. There’s a decent-sized lot, but it can get crowded, especially during big conferences. I remember *one* time, I had to park so far away, I swear I walked a mile to get inside. I nearly missed the entire first session! So, if you're driving, get there early, or be prepared for a bit of a trek. Valet parking would be a welcome addition, but alas...

Is there a pool? Because a pool can make *everything* better.

Yes! There *is* a pool. And a small gym. The pool isn’t Olympic-sized or anything, but it’s indoor, which is a massive plus. Especially during those Pennsylvania winters. Okay, okay, it *is* a little on the small side, and it can get crowded with kids. But if you need to unwind after a long day of spreadsheets and PowerPoints, it's a solid option. Bring earplugs for the kids. Be warned, I've seen some questionable chlorine levels, so maybe take a shower *immediately* afterward. The gym? Small. Functional. Probably cleaner than the pool. Take that for what it's worth. Personally, I'd rather eat a giant bag of chips, but hey, choices.

So, overall, would you recommend Parkview Inn?

Look, if you're looking for a place for a conference and not a luxurious getaway, then yeah. It's fine. *Fine*. It's not going to win any awards, but it gets the job done. It’s comfortable enough, the location's decent (close to the highway; easy to get in and out of, *that's* good), and the staff is generally friendly. Just manage your expectations. It's a solid "B" hotel. The kind of place you'd be okay with. But I'm still dreaming of that chocolate fountain. Seriously. That thing was epic.
Web Hotel Search Site

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States

Parkview Inn and Conference Center Allentown (PA) United States