Escape to Comfort: Coralville's Best-Kept Secret Hotel!
Escape to Comfort: Coralville's Best-Kept Secret Hotel! - A Review That's Honestly Messy (and Hopefully Helpful!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe a little bit of lukewarm coffee) on Escape to Comfort in Coralville. They claim to be a best-kept secret. Well, consider the secret… shared. And trust me, this isn't your average, cookie-cutter hotel review. This is the real deal. Let’s be real.
First Impressions & (Messy) Check-In:
The first thing that struck me? It wasn't the perfectly manicured landscaping or the gleaming lobby (though, hey, the lobby was pretty nice, if a bit…beige). It was the genuine warmth of the staff. I swear, the woman at the front desk, bless her heart, was probably juggling three phone calls and a rogue rubber ducky, but she still managed to give me a smile that could melt glaciers. (Front desk [24-hour], Doorman, Contactless check-in/out) Huge win for stress-free arrival. Even better? Express check-in/out – perfect for a chaotic traveler like myself. And the elevator! ( Elevator ) So, you know, crucial for this lazy bum.
Accessibility & Getting Around (Because, Let's Be Real, Life Isn't Always a Smooth Ride):
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room (or maybe the slightly wobbly wheelchair): Accessibility. This is hugely important, and Escape to Comfort gets points here. I didn't personally need extensive accessibility features, but I peeked around and was impressed. (Facilities for disabled guests, Wheelchair accessible). Plus, the elevator is a godsend. Bonus points! (Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]) They also offer Car park [on-site] and free parking.
Rooms: My Home Away From…well, Home:
My room was a haven. Seriously. I'm talking Air conditioning, Blackout curtains that could block out the sun (and my crippling insomnia), and a Super long bed. Seriously. I'm 6ft tall with long legs and this bed was epic!. The desk was actually usable and so was the laptop workspace. The bathrobes were the kind you want to sneak into your suitcase. I took a looong bath in the bathtub. They provided slippers. Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, everything you could ask for. They also had a Mini-bar and a Refrigerator! The Mirror was great too. I swear I could've stayed in my room for the whole trip. (Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Mirror, Refrigerator, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Socket near the bed, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens). Oh, and the Internet access – wireless was stellar. No buffering while streaming my guilty pleasure shows!
The Messy Details (Because No Hotel is Perfect):
Look, no place is perfect. My room had a few minor imperfections, the kind you'd find in a normal hotel, but honestly, they were minor. The Daily housekeeping was on top of things, so it was not a big deal. You know, the usual stuff.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking (A Hungry Writer's Guide):
Alright, let's talk food. I'm a foodie, a critic, a glutton for punishment when it comes to mediocre hotel grub. But Escape to Comfort surprised me. They have Restaurants and Poolside bar. The one night I just wanted something easy, the Room service [24-hour] came through. (Breakfast service, Breakfast [buffet], A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant) Breakfast was a buffet, which is always a plus. They had fresh fruit, pastries, and the usual suspects. They offered Vegetarian restaurant Asian cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant.
I HAD THE BEST BREAKFAST, LIKE, EVER.
I’m not even joking. They. Had. AN. OMELETTE. STATION. A real omelette station, with a chef who actually cared about the perfect fluffy egg-based creation. I’m not one for breakfast, but this got me. (Okay, I'm also a total sucker for good coffee, and the Coffee/tea in restaurant was good.) It wasn't just the omelette; it was the whole spread. Fresh fruits, perfectly crispy bacon (thank you, bacon gods!), and a selection of pastries that made me seriously consider abandoning all pretense of a healthy diet. I ate three omelettes. Don’t judge. (Alternative meal arrangement, Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant)
Spa, Sauna, & Sanity (Finding Your Zen…Or Trying To):
Okay, so I'm not a huge spa person. I'm more of a "curl up with a good book and a giant cup of coffee" kind of gal. But the Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom was amazing. The Spa, Massage was heaven. If you're looking to relax? Do it. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath). I had the best Pool with view while I ate my breakfast.
Keeping it Safe (Because, You Know, The World):
Escape to Comfort takes cleanliness seriously. (Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment). They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff was masked. They also offered safe dining options.
Services & Conveniences (The Little Things That Make a Big Difference):
This hotel is fantastic. (Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area). They thought of everything. The Contactless check-in/out was a lifesaver. And they offered Cash withdrawal - how thoughtful. Need your clothes cleaned? Dry cleaning and Laundry service!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Beyond Slothing in Your Room):
Escape to Comfort offers more than just a place to crash. They have a Gym/fitness, Fitness center. They also offer Meetings, for special events and Indoor venue for special events. This, plus the spa, made me want to leave the hotel.
For the Kids (Bless Their Little Hearts):
Family/child friendly. They have Kids meal.
The Verdict (In a Word):
WOW. Escape to Comfort isn't just a hotel; it's a refuge. It's a place where you can actually relax without feeling nickel-and-dimed. It's clean, comfortable, and the staff genuinely cares.
SEO (Because, You Know, I Want You To Find This Gem):
- Keywords: Coralville hotel, Iowa hotel, best hotel Coralville, Escape to Comfort review, accessible hotel, spa hotel, free wifi, clean hotel, family-friendly hotel,.
- Focus: Highlight the hotel's unique selling points: comfortable rooms, friendly staff, great food, and commitment to cleanliness and accessibility.
My "Escape to Comfort" Offer (Because You Deserve a Treat):
Book your stay at Escape to Comfort in Coralville NOW and receive a complimentary late checkout and a discount on your first spa treatment! Don't just take my word for it, experience it yourself! You deserve a break. You deserve comfort. You deserve Escape to Comfort. Click here to book your escape!
Unbelievable JJ Quad Room 101 Taichung: Your Dream Stay Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to MainStay Suites Coralville, Iowa City, and frankly, I’m going in with a mix of “hell yeah!” and “why am I doing this to myself?” This is going to be beautiful and messy, just like me.
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Struggle of the Hotel Room
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Des Moines International Airport (DSM). Ugh, airports. The smell of stale coffee and existential dread. This time, I'm determined to be a good traveler. I'm going to grab a decent sandwich before they make me feel like I'm that person.
- 2:30 PM: Get the rental car. Hopefully, this time, I won't accidentally click the "insurance for a small country" button. (Last time… well, let’s just say I was covered for a potential alien invasion.)
- 3:30 PM: Check-in at MainStay Suites. Pray to the hotel gods for a room that doesn’t smell like sadness and regret. Important Side Note: I am obsessed with hotel rooms. The possibilities. The endless horizon of untouched towels. The tiny shampoo bottles! I'm easily pleased.
- 4:00 PM: The Room Saga. Alright, let's be honest, I'm immediately evaluating the room. The bed? Pillows? Bathroom size? Light situation? So far, so good. But… wait a second… is that one tiny, sad little coffee packet? Okay, deep breaths. This is fine. I'm not going to let this already irritate me.
- 5:00 PM: Walk around near the hotel, start my food plans, and look around the area. Look for some good restaurants around the hotel and see what I can experience in Iowa City.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I asked the front desk for recommendations, and I'm choosing between three options: The local diner. A chain gastropub. Some pizza place. This is gonna be where the real adventure starts.
Day 2: Exploring Coralville and Iowa City – And My Own Sanity
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. I have a love-hate relationship with hotel breakfasts. Free waffles? Yes, please! Mystery meat sausage? Hmm… let's just say I'll stick with the waffles.
- 9:00 AM: Let the exploration begin. First, let's find something scenic… Let explore a place called Coralville Lake. From what I understand, it's got walking trails and nice views. This is where the "pretending to be a nature person" begins. I'll try and do some light hiking. I need to maintain my cardio.
- 11:00 AM: Alright, time to go to Iowa City! I heard something about The University of Iowa. Might be worth a look!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. I'm going to look for something local. I'm thinking a sandwich or a salad. I promise I'll try to be healthy.
- 1:00 PM: The University of Iowa! Okay, I did some research, and it turns out the campus is beautiful, especially in the fall. I'm hoping to find a spot to sit and read, but I'm also hoping to not get eaten by a squirrel. The last time I sat down in a park, a squirrel tried to steal my sandwich. This is going to be a tough one.
- 3:00 PM: Free time. I might go shopping, or just relax in the room.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Another chance to explore more food! I need to eat! Let's see what food has to offer for me here in Iowa City. My hope is that the food here is top-notch, I want to eat something that I've never eaten before, that is the kind of culinary adventure that I want.
- 8:00 PM: Free time. Finish up with the day. I might call some close friends, and maybe do a little reading.
Day 3: My Deep Dive into Iowa… and Maybe an Early Departure (or a Very Late One)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
- 9:00 AM: I'm thinking of going to a museum or something like that. I'm thinking about the Iowa Old Capitol Building, or something like that. Is that really that worth? Eh…. I will see.
- 11:00 AM: Lunch.
- 12:00 PM: Time to think about leaving. I just want to pack. I just want to go home.
- 1:00 PM: Check-out, and take off.
- 2:00 PM: Airport.
- 4:00 PM: Fly out.
Overall Thoughts:
This is just a starting point, folks. Things will go sideways. I'll get lost, I'll probably spend too much on snacks, and I'll almost certainly have an existential crisis while staring at a hotel coffee machine. But that's okay! That's the beauty of it. It's about the unexpected moments, the inside jokes with myself, and the memories that come from embracing the mess of it all. Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Your Dream Getaway at Hotel Andalas Permai, Bandar Lampung!Escape to Comfort: Coralville - You *NEED* to Know This! (A Mostly Unfiltered FAQ)
Okay, so, “Best-Kept Secret Hotel”? What *is* the deal with Escape to Comfort in Coralville? Is it actually… good? Because the internet lies, you know.
Alright, buckle up, buttercup. This whole 'Escape to Comfort' thing? It's honestly kinda… charming. Seriously. Look, I’m not saying it's the Ritz-Carlton, okay? (And thank GOD, because my bank account would weep.) But for Coralville, it's got a vibe. Like, imagine your quirky aunt's guest room, only with better coffee. (And, thankfully, less floral wallpaper. Though... a *touch* of floral wouldn't hurt, actually.)
The secret part? That's debatable. It's on the internet, hello! But it's definitely not one of those flashy, chain-hotel monsters. It's low-key, friendly, and doesn’t try too hard to impress. And, honestly? That's exactly what you want when you’re just trying to escape the screaming kids (or the screaming existential dread, no judgement here).
What's the *actual* location? Is it far from, like, civilization? Because I need my coffee... and my phone signal.
Location, location, location! It’s in Coralville, duh! Which, for those not in the know, is basically Iowa City's slightly less chaotic (and, dare I say, cooler) little sibling. You're close to everything! Restaurants, shops, even a decent movie theater. (Which is a crucial detail, by the way. Movie nights are ESSENTIAL for a good escape.) As for phone signal and coffee… YES! PHEW! WiFi is generally decent, and there's coffee in the lobby. Though, pro-tip: BYO-fancy-coffee-creamer. They usually have the basic stuff, but, you know… gotta have your *essentials* for a true escape.
The rooms! Spill the tea! Are they… clean? Because I'm a germaphobe, and I've seen things... things I can't unsee… at other hotels.
Alright, here it is. Cleanliness. This is a BIG ONE, right? Listen, I'm a clean freak (my friends would laugh; they’re liars). So I get it. I'm not going to promise you surgical-level sterility because, honestly, who *really* wants that vibe? I want *lived-in* clean, you know? And Escape to Comfort delivers. They're clean. Seriously. The beds were made (thank GOD), the bathrooms were sparkly (hallelujah!), and I didn't find any… *questionable* objects lurking in the corners. (Trust me, that's a win.) I even, on my last trip, *accidentally* dropped a rogue French fry behind the desk and, after a frantic 10 minutes of panic, found it weeks later with no mold, no fuzz, no nothing. And for a hotel, that is a *major* win. They've got a cleaning crew that *cares*. That's the key.
Is there a breakfast buffet? Because, look, free food is a love language. And I’m fluent.
Ooh, the breakfast buffet. Listen, it’s not gourmet. Okay? Don’t expect caviar. Expect… the basics. Think your standard hotel breakfast: muffins, bagels, cereal, maybe some scrambled eggs that taste vaguely of…egg. But it's FREE! And you know what? Sometimes, that's all you need. Especially after a night of questionable life choices (we've all been there). Their coffee, as mentioned, is passable. Just don’t let it be the *sole* reason you book. It's, uh, an *experience*.
What's the "vibe" of the hotel? Is it romantic? Family-friendly? Filled with loud teenagers? Because I have a distinct preference for NOT dealing with screaming children at 7 am.
The vibe? Okay, this is where it gets interesting. It's… low-key. REALLY low-key. It doesn't feel like a party destination, which is a *major* plus in my book. I'd say it trends more towards a slightly older crowd – families, couples on a chill weekend, people here for business. (Though, I did once see a group of particularly enthusiastic… let's call them "business professionals" hosting a karaoke night in the lobby that was… memorable. But hey, you can't win 'em all.) It's not overly romantic (though, if you're into that, the low lighting in the lobby works in your favour). And, honestly, the screaming children? They’re usually well-behaved. Again, you can get lucky or unlucky. But hey, maybe if you ask nicely at the front desk they can seat you far from the shrieks.
Are there any hidden fees? The devil is in the details, you know…
Hidden fees… UGH. This is the bane of my existence. I *hate* them. I’ve found Escape to Comfort to be pretty straightforward. Check the website and read the fine print. But I haven’t been hit with any random charges I wasn’t expecting. (Knock on wood. I'm practically crossing my eyes as I type this.) But, as with anything, double-check. Always. Because the only thing worse than a bad hotel room is a surprise bill after you thought you were done relaxing.
Okay, let's talk specifics. Best room to book? Worst room to absolutely avoid? Hit me with your wisdom!
Okay, room specifics. This is where things get *personal*. Based on my vastly superior experience (and my tendency to obsess over hotel layouts), I say… *ask for a room away from the elevator*. Always. Unless, you know, you *love* the elevator hum. (People do! I don't judge). Generally, the rooms on the higher floors are quieter. I’ve had the best luck with rooms facing away from the main road – they are the epitome of a quiet escape.
The worst room? Hmmm... I am never going to tell you, specifically, which room to avoid. It's cruel, and I don't want hate mail from a disgruntled guest. But, generally, rooms near the ice machine? *Run*. Rooms that look directly into the parking lot? Consider the implications. This is all my opinion– so take it with a grain of salt and be prepared to ask for a switch.
Okay, what about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they actually *care*? (Or are they just robots programmed to say "Have a nice day"?)
The staff! Bless 'em. Honestly? They seem to *care*. They're not perfect. Things go wrong. (One time the key card reader was on the fritz, and the front desk guy, bless him, spent aMountain Stay