Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway!
Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway! – My Honest, Messy, and Utterly Human Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway!, and let me tell you, it was an experience. Forget those sterile, perfect hotel reviews. This is the real deal – warts and all. Consider this your roadmap to Tbilisi, a little bit of everything and a whole lotta me.
(Let’s be honest: I needed this trip. My life is currently a whirlwind. I’m hoping Tbilisi is a good escape. And wow, is it ever! Tbilisi is a magical land and I'm ready to get down to business… the business of relaxing!)
First things first: Location, Location, Location & Accessibility (and a slight struggle)
Okay, Tbilisi DREAM is in a fantastic, kinda quiet pocket of Tbilisi, which, let’s be honest, is exactly what I wanted. You're close enough to the action (the vibrant Old Town! The buzzing bars!), but far enough to actually sleep. Accessibility? Well, getting there was easy peasy with a taxi. I didn't see any major barriers on the property (huge bonus! Especially after that epic flight), but the website did say “Facilities for disabled guests" but you know how that goes. Call ahead to confirm your specific needs because… sometimes accessibility isn't quite what you expect.
(My brain's a bit fried after the journey, so let's just jump straight into the juicy stuff!)
Rooms – My Personal Sanctuary (with some quirky bits)
The room. Ohhhh, the room. It was… cozy. Like, "I could happily live here forever" cozy. (And I almost did). Let’s start with the basics: Air conditioning? Yep, thankfully. Free Wi-Fi? Yep, and it actually worked, which, let's be real, is a small miracle in some places. In-room safe box? Nice to know it's there! Coffee/tea maker? Thank the heavens! Blackout curtains? SAVED my sleep. I'm a sucker for a good blackout curtain. Mini bar? (Slight giggle) It contained the essentials, shall we say. Free bottled water? YES! I am obsessed with staying hydrated.
(I did have a moment with the mirror. It was huge and tilted just so. I stared at myself and had… feelings. Feelings are messy.)
The bed… it was an extra long bed. I am glad because I am quite tall! The bathroom was a highlight. The bathtub? Perfect for soaking away the day's adventures. Separate shower/bathtub? YES! The towels were fluffy. Bathrobes? Yes! Slippers? Yes! I felt so pampered, it was heaven.
Cleanliness and Safety – Seriously Impressive (and a sigh of relief)
Okay, let's talk about the things that really matter these days. Cleanliness and safety? Top marks. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection of common areas, and room sanitization between stays? Check, check, check. I’m a bit of a clean freak so this was a huge win. The staff really went above and beyond. They even had hand sanitizer everywhere. And for the extra paranoid, the option to have your room sanitized between stays is available. I'm a worrier and it was a huge relief.
(I felt genuinely safe! Which is saying something, considering my anxiety levels are usually through the roof.)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – A Feast for the Senses (and my rumbling tummy)
Right, the food! Tbilisi is a foodie paradise, and the DREAM apartment had some good options (and great restaurants nearby!).
- Breakfast: The breakfast… was divine. I opted for the breakfast [buffet]. It had everything, from Western breakfast, to a little something for those inclined to be brave and try the Asian breakfast. There was the usual fare and then you could also request breakfast in room. Incredible. I didn't try the breakfast takeaway service, because I needed to truly feel immersed in the buffet experience. I felt like a kid in a candy store.
- Restaurants: Though the hotel didn't have restaurants directly, there were plenty of places nearby.
- Dining: I had a few memorable meals out. There was a fantastic restaurant offering Asian cuisine.
- Snacks: There was a Snack bar… which was a godsend for those impulsive moments when I needed a quick, tasty bite.
- Drinks: There was a Poolside bar that had a fantastic selection of drinks.
(My stomach gave me a 'thank you' and a small round of applause every time I ate.)
The Amenities – Because Relaxation is Key (and a bit of pampering never hurts)
The DREAM apartment has an outdoor swimming pool. I'd love to spend time in the pool with the beautiful Tbilisi views! It also has a sauna and a spa/sauna, which sounds incredible. They have a Fitness center, because after all of that food, it’s only fair that I had to work out. There’s also the classic massage, which I will definitely be trying. The spa offerings include body scrub and body wrap. I am so going there. I like the idea of treating myself and feeling a bit pampered on a luxury trip.
(Okay, so I didn't actually do much in the way of fitness. But the option was there, and that's what counts, right?)
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Big Difference (and a shout out to housekeeping!)
This is where Tbilisi DREAM really shines.
- The concierge was fantastic, helping me with everything from booking taxis to giving me restaurant recommendations.
- Daily housekeeping… a dream come true. My room always felt fresh and clean. They were lovely.
- Luggage storage! Always a good idea when you check in before your room's ready, or leave after check out.
- Currency exchange was available, which was handy.
- Laundry and ironing service? Yes, please! Essential after a few days of adventure.
- 24-hour front desk and security? Peace of mind.
(Seriously, the staff at Tbilisi DREAM were wonderful. Helpful, friendly, and always smiling. They really made the whole experience extra special. They take care of you.)
Things to Do – Exploring Tbilisi & Beyond (with much more to discover!)
- Things to do: Obviously, Tbilisi itself is the star of the show.
- Getting around: The airport transfer, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], taxi service, valet parking. The options are there, and easy.
- Relaxing and getting ready: Couple's room, and a proposal spot.
- For The Kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal all available.
(There's so much to see and do in Tbilisi, but equally lovely to just "be,” and the DREAM provided the perfect base for both.)
In Conclusion: Should You Book Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway!?
YES.
Yes, absolutely, definitely YES. Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway! is not just a hotel; it’s an experience. It's cozy, comfortable, clean, and the staff are fantastic. The location is spot-on, and the amenities are on point.
(Okay, so it’s not perfect. Nothing ever is. But it’s pretty damn close.)
My Quirky Takeaway: I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the balcony, sipping coffee, and watching the world go by. Do it. Just do it. And make sure to take advantage of the amazing Wi-Fi [free] to share all your amazing captures!
Final Score: 9.5/10 (Minus half a point for the slightly wonky mirror in the bathroom. I'm just being picky!)
BOOK NOW! You won't regret it. Trust me.
Luxury Unveiled: Zhongshan Hui Chang Hotel - Your Dream Stay in China AwaitsAlright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Tbilisi, Georgia, explosion of chaos, culture, and questionable decisions, all centered around my cozy little (hopefully) apartment in Greenbudapest Resident. Let's call it Project Tbilisi Tango.
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Struggle of Luggage
- Morning (Err, Afternoon): Landed in Tbilisi! Already sweating. The flight was a blur of crying babies and questionable airplane food. Thank god for noise-canceling headphones. Immigration was a breeze, though – lovely officials, thankfully, didn’t give me any grief about my slightly-overstuffed carry on. Found the Greenbudapest Resident. Apartment hunting is a nightmare. I'm currently wrestling with the apartment's tiny, but charming, elevator and my overpacked suitcase which seems to have gained sentience and is actively trying to escape. Seriously, I think my bras are plotting against me.
- Afternoon: Finally, unpacked! My Cozy Apartment. It's… cozy. Really cozy. Let's just say it's more "shabby chic" than "apartment goals." I think the "Greenbudapest Resident" part is an exaggeration, to be honest. More like "Green Adjacent Resident." But the balcony has a view, and that's winning me over. Need to pick up some Georgian wine. STAT.
- Evening: First attempt at a restaurant. Got lost. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place with an aroma of garlic and mystery. Ordered something. No idea what is. The bread is phenomenal. The Khachapuri (Georgian cheese bread). Oh. My. God. It is the food of the gods. Melted cheese, buttery crust, a running egg yolk…I feel like I could cry, it's so good. I had no idea how much I loved cheese until now. Also, a small dog kept following me around, giving me puppy-dog eyes. I think he wants some Khachapuri. Maybe I do too. Is it okay to eat the whole thing myself? Don't judge me. I'll be back tomorrow.
Day 2: Exploring the Old Town and the Curse of the Souvenir
- Morning: Attempted to find breakfast. Ended up wandering the cobbled streets of Old Tbilisi in a daze, dodging speeding cars and aggressive pigeons. The architecture is stunning, a beautiful blend of old and new. Those wooden balconies are absolutely gorgeous, though I am sure someone will fall out of one eventually. Found a little cafe with a view. They made me the most amazing coffee and some sort of pastries. I think I am in love. Tbilisi, you're winning me over.
- Afternoon: Explored the Narikala Fortress. The views are breathtaking! So many photos. I am now a cliché. Rode the cable car up, which gave me slight vertigo. (I'm not afraid of heights, just tiny, enclosed spaces that swing.) Took a TON of photos. I can't stop taking photos. I'm pretty sure my phone memory is going to explode. Also, wandered aimlessly through the sulfur baths district. The smell is intense. Like really, REALLY intense. I can't decide whether I’m curious or terrified. Then, I spent an hour haggling for a cheap souvenir. I probably overpaid. I always overpay. (Maybe the dog from yesterday can help me negotiate…). Later regretted buying it.
- Evening: Wine tasting! Found a place recommended on that travel blogger's page. (I hate travel bloggers, but sometimes they actually know things.) I learned the "qvevri" winemaking process. It's fascinating and I really like the amber wines. Three hours later, I can speak Georgian fluently (in my head, at least). Now, the world is a swirling kaleidoscope of delicious flavors and the urge to buy more wine. I walked home, humming, weaving slightly, and feeling like I’d made a new best friend with the city.
Day 3: The Art of the Market and the Emotional Rollercoaster of Food
- Morning: Breakfast again. Still obsessed with Khachapuri. I’m starting to think it's controlling my brain. I think the dog might be my spirit guide.
- Afternoon: The Dry Bridge Market. Oh. My. God. Antique junk, vintage clothes, Soviet-era everything… it's a treasure trove of questionable purchases! I found a slightly terrifying, but also kind of cool, vintage Soviet pin. Bargained my heart out. Got it for a ridiculously low price. Went home, looked at it, and immediately regretted it. (Is this a pattern?) The market itself is pure sensory overload. The smells, the noise, the sheer volume of stuff… it's glorious chaos.
- Evening: Dinner at a traditional Georgian restaurant. I swear, every dish is a masterpiece. Ordered way too much food and tried to sample everything. The Khinkali (soup dumplings) were delicious. Trying to eat them properly (without exploding soup everywhere) is a sport. I may or may not have splashed soup on my face. The waiter just smiled patiently. Another moment of pure food joy. Followed by a moment of feeling so full, I could barely breathe.
Day 4: Day Trip to Mtskheta and the Quest for Authentic Travel
- Morning: Woke up with a Khachapuri craving. Suppressed it (for now).
- Afternoon: Decided to be "cultured" and take a day trip to Mtskheta, the ancient capital. Very pretty churches, so old, so many mosaics. (Okay, fine, it was gorgeous). Learned a lot about Georgian history and felt slightly guilty for not paying attention in history class. The scenery was stunning. I felt this overwhelming urge to become a shepherd.
- Evening: Returned to Tbilisi, exhausted but full of knowledge. Realized I haven’t spoken to anyone in English today. Went to a jazz bar to recover. Found some live music, the wine from the local regions, and the perfect ambiance. Met a couple locals who were friendly and we exchanged stories. The night ended with laughter, impromptu dancing, and a serious hangover.
Day 5: The Bathhouse Experience and the Embrace of Imperfection
- Morning: Regret. So. Much. Regret. (and a pounding headache). Decided to be optimistic and try some hair on the dog.
- Afternoon: Finally worked up the courage to visit the sulfur baths. Walked into the entrance feeling a bit terrified. The whole experience was…intense. Hot, steamy, with a strong smell that made my eyes water. The massage was brutal but necessary. I emerged feeling like a new person (after being scrubbed raw with a loofah). The sheer communal aspect of the baths is something to behold. Everyone, of all ages and body types, relaxed and enjoyed themselves.
- Evening: Attempted to cook a Georgian dish in my "cozy" apartment. The result? An utter disaster. Smoke alarms blaring, the kitchen a mess, and a vaguely charred object that vaguely resembled a dish. Laughed at myself a lot. Ordered takeout and ate it on the balcony, watching the city lights.
Day 6: The Tbilisi Flea Market
- Morning: The Tbilisi Flea market.. A massive maze of antiques, trinkets, and everything in between. My mission was to find the perfect souvenir to remember my time in Georgia. The prices are amazing and the vendors are friendly.
- Afternoon: I bought a couple of things and spent time talking to the vendors, and I felt like I gained a better insight on the culture and people of Georgia.
Day 7: Departure and the Promise of Return
- Morning: Packing. (The bra situation is still dire). Said goodbye to the apartment and my soul that now belongs to Khachapuri.
- Afternoon: Arrived at the airport. The airport itself is a bit hectic, but it gives the travelers a last opportunity to shop for souvenirs.
- Evening: As the plane took off, I looked at Tbilisi, I could already feel myself longing to return to the city.
This itinerary is a living document. It’s subject to change, moments of triumph, moments of despair, and a whole lot of cheese. And who knows, maybe I'll finally learn to cook that Georgian dish. Or not. And maybe I'll find the dog. Until then… Gamarjoba, Tbilisi!
Parisian Paradise: Mercure Bastille Saint Antoine Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!Tbilisi DREAM Apartment: Greenbudapest's Coziest Hideaway! - Or... Is It? (An Unfiltered FAQ)
Okay, seriously, what’s the Tbilisi DREAM Apartment *actually* like? The photos look… perfect. Are they lying to us?!
Alright, let's get *real*. Those photos? They’re… well, they’re flattering. They capture the *essence*. The essence of a slightly wonky, utterly charming Tbilisi apartment. "Perfect" is a strong word, though. Think "perfectly imperfect." I mean, the view *is* breathtaking – seriously, that balcony overlooking the old town? Worth the entry price alone. Until you realize you *have* to step over a slightly wonky floorboard to get out there. (Don't worry, it holds. Mostly.)
The thing is, it felt... lived-in. Not in a gross way, thankfully. In a "someone actually *lives* here and isn't just staging it for Airbnb" kind of way. You know? There were books, a half-finished puzzle on the coffee table (that I very nearly started), and the faint smell of, I think, Georgian coffee. It's cozy, you know? Like a warm hug... with a slightly leaky tap in the bathroom. Which, by the way, adds to the character, right? (I tell myself that anyway.)
Bottom line: Not a minimalist sterile hotel room. More like crashing at a really cool friend's place. A friend who might occasionally forget to mention that the hot water takes a few minutes to arrive. (Learned *that* the hard way, shivering under the shower head!)
How easy is it to get to the apartment from… the airport? And the city center? I’m terrible with directions.
Okay, so the airport… it's not *right* on top of you. Think a taxi (easy to find, bargain a price – the usual Tbilisi dance), or a Bolt ride (much easier, and the price actually sticks!) It's not a marathon, maybe 20-30 minutes depending on traffic (and believe me, traffic in Tbilisi can be a *beast*).
The city center? That’s a walk, if you're feeling energetic (and enjoy hills, because Tbilisi is *all* hills). Probably, like, 30-40 minutes, maybe an hour if you get lost, and you will. Embrace it! You'll stumble upon little gems you wouldn't find otherwise. (I found the *best* khachapuri place that way. Bliss!) Or, hop on a taxi or Bolt. They're cheap, and honestly, you'll probably want to save your energy for exploring.
Note for directionally challenged travelers like myself: Learn a few basic Georgian phrases. Someone *will* help. Georgians are ridiculously friendly (and patient with confused tourists). I ended up having a whole conversation (mostly hand gestures, admittedly) with a sweet old lady about the best place to buy sulguni cheese. Good times.
The listing mentions a balcony. Is it as amazing as it sounds? Because I’m picturing myself with a bottle of wine and the sunset…
YES. Absolutely. 100% YES. The balcony is the star of the show. That sunset view? Epic. Unforgettable. Worth the slight wobble in that floorboard I mentioned earlier. The old town spreads out before you, a jumble of terracotta roofs and crumbling facades, with the mountains in the distance. It's… magical.
I spent an entire afternoon (and evening, and maybe a good chunk of the next morning…) perched out there, just… breathing. Drinking Georgian wine (naturally), nibbling on cheese and bread (duh), and feeling grateful. Seriously, I nearly *fainted* from happiness. Okay, maybe not fainted, but I did feel like I'd accidentally stumbled into a scene from a movie. A very, very good movie.
Pro Tip: Buy a rug to go with it. Make sure you have a good jacket. It can get chilly - especially at night. And embrace the view. Seriously, just... *breathe*.
Is the apartment noisy? I’m a light sleeper.
Okay, honesty time. It's *Tbilisi*. It's lively. It's not going to be silent as a tomb. There's generally a pretty low level of outside noise, but I can hear the occasional car, maybe some chatter, occasionally a dog. It's a city. You get used to it. (Earplugs might be your best friend, if you're *super* sensitive.)
But, and this is a big but, the location is mostly quiet. Not on a main road, which helps. Plus, you're trading noise for charm and access to EVERYTHING. Would I trade that for perfect silence? No. Never. Tbilisi is all about the energy, and you need to be close to it all to absorb it properly.
I'd say if you're a light sleeper, pack those earplugs (essential for *any* trip) but don't let it stop you. The experience is worth it. The charm of the Greenbudapest's place is more than worth the occasional distant car horn or happy chatter through an open window.
What about the host? Are they helpful? What if I need something?
I never actually *met* the host, but communication was easy. Super responsive over messaging, answered all my questions quickly, and gave some great recommendations. Very helpful, friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in me having a good time.
They left a welcome message and a local wine that was *delicious*! I also had the usual questions: "Wi-Fi password?" "Where's the nearest supermarket?" "How do I work this shower thingy?" All answered promptly and cheerfully.
My experience: I had a minor issue with the lock at one point. Messaged them, and they fixed the problem super quick. Couldn't ask for better host support. They really seemed to care about their place. They clearly put a lot of effort into making the apartment comfortable, and the little touches are what make it all the better.
Basically: They're there for you, even if they're not physically *there*. And that's a good thing.
Okay, be honest. What was the *worst* part? (Besides the maybe-leaky tap...)
Hmm. Okay. The worst part? Honestly? Leaving. That view… that cozy vibe… I could have stayed there forever.
If I *had* to pick something… the stairs, maybe? Tbilisi is hilly, remember? The apartment isn't elevator-accessible. But it's not a dealbreaker. The charm of the place completely makes up for the minor inconvenience of climbing them all the time. I mean, hey, it's good exercise, right? And it's worth it when you get up to that view again!
I am also *terrible* with the international plug situation. The apartment had some plug converters, but I always seem to bring the wrong things and then I'm scrambling to make sure my phone can charge. Note to self: Bring extra converters next time.
Nomad Hotel Search