Enfield Inn Enfield, CT: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield, CT: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving deep into the Enfield Inn in Enfield, CT, and let me tell you, "Your Dream Stay Awaits!" is a bold claim. Let's see if it holds water, shall we? And by "let's see," I mean I'm going to blather on for a while, with all the messy, honest, and occasionally hilarious details.

Accessibility: Not Just a Buzzword, Hopefully!

Okay, first things first: Accessibility. Crucial. The website claims a lot, but you know how that goes. Wheelchair accessible: Yep, that's a biggie. I need to see it in person but good on them for mentioning it. Facilities for disabled guests: Again, the devil's in the details. Are the rooms actually accessible, with grab bars and room to maneuver? I really hope so. We'll have to wait for the real reviews to back this all up. Still, points for mentioning it.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: They probably have something, I'm sure. I'm picturing a ramp somewhere? We'll hope for more later than just a ramp.

Internet: Because, You Know, Life.

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! Internet access, Internet [LAN], and Internet services: They're covering all the bases, right? So, you should be able to work remotely, stream your junk, and maybe even… contact the outside world? (That's what happens when you get older.) Wi-Fi in public areas: Excellent. No buffering in the lobby, hopefully.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax (AKA The Good Stuff)

Alright, this is where the Enfield Inn should be selling me. Let's see…

  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Yep, a necessity for the guilt after that breakfast buffet. I'm picturing free weights and maybe-not-totally-broken treadmills.
  • Pool with view: Oooo, now we're talking! A view? I like this. Hopefully, it's not just a view of the parking lot. Swimming pool [outdoor] and Swimming pool: All well and good. Now, the big question: is it heated? Because CT winters are no joke.
  • Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom: Now you have my attention!!!! Can you imagine? Yes, imagine. Massages, the relaxing feels. Let's see what they actually offer.
  • Body scrub, Body wrap: OK, maybe a little over the top for me, a bit of a pamper person, but good to see they are available.
  • Massage: OH, YES PLEASE!
  • Foot bath: I could definitely use a foot bath.

Cleanliness and Safety: Gotta Feel Safe

This is crucial, especially these days.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Good.
  • Breakfast in room: Excellent. Yes, please, and thank you.
  • Cashless payment service: Smart. Safer.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Very encouraging.
  • Doctor/nurse on call: Always a plus.
  • First aid kit: Essential.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere, hopefully.
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Makes sense.
  • Hygiene certification: Give me the proof!
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Okay, safety measures are good.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Good.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Another good sign.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: YES! It's your call.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Must be done!
  • Safe dining setup: I'm hoping for more than just plastic dividers.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Essential!
  • Shared stationery removed: That's about as good as it's going to get.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Gotta keep them informed!
  • Sterilizing equipment: Smart!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Feed Me!

This is where things could get really fun… or really disappointing.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Great.
  • Alternative meal arrangement: Excellent.
  • Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant: Okay, I'm intrigued.
  • Bar, Poolside bar: Need to see the bar, but I'm always up for a cocktail.
  • Bottle of water: Always a plus.
  • Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Ohhh boy. The buffet is always a gamble. Is it good? Is it just lukewarm scrambled eggs and rubbery bacon? Only time (and my stomach) will tell.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Gotta have my caffeine.
  • Desserts in restaurant: YES!
  • Happy hour: Score.
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Variety is the spice of life!
  • Restaurants: Plural. This gives me hope!
  • Room service [24-hour]: Oh, HELL yes. This is living.
  • Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant: I love a restaurant with salad and soup.
  • Snack bar: For those late-night munchies.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: Good for the veggies among us, or for a lighter meal.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter

  • Air conditioning in public area: Essential.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events: Weddings, conferences, bar mitzvahs - all of these things are possible!
  • Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Seminars: For those who must work.
  • Cash withdrawal: A must
  • Concierge: Nice to have for local advice.
  • Contactless check-in/out: Smart.
  • Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop: For those forgotten toiletries or last-minute gifts.
  • Currency exchange: Fine.
  • Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Ironing service: Necessary for a proper hotel stay.
  • Doorman: Old-school charm.
  • Dry cleaning: Because, let's face it, it comes in handy.
  • Elevator: A must!
  • Essential condiments: What are we talking about here? Ketchup?
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Revisited.
  • Food delivery: Good but… not to the room.
  • Invoice provided: For business travelers.
  • Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes: Safe storage.
  • On-site event hosting: Interesting.
  • Shrine: Seriously?
  • Smoking area: For the smokers. (Not me.)
  • Terrace: Hope there is one for drinking.
  • Xerox/fax in business center: Still a thing!

For the Kids: Are They Welcome?

  • Babysitting service: Nice!
  • Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Sounds good for families.

Access: The Basics

  • CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour]: Security is important.
  • Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Good for busy people.
  • Front desk [24-hour]: Always great to have.
  • Hotel chain: Which one? Gives some info.
  • Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher: Of course!

Getting Around: Location, Location, Location!

  • Airport transfer: Nice to have!
  • Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Parking options are a good to have.

Available in All Rooms: The Nitty Gritty

Alright, the real meat of the matter. What's actually in the rooms?

  • **Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra-long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free],
Unbelievable Malang Getaway: OYO 3712 Hotel Palem Sari Awaits!

Book Now

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. We're heading to Enfield, Connecticut. Specifically, the Enfield Inn. Don't expect pristine itineraries here. This is going to be…well, a mess. A beautiful, human mess. And honestly? That's the best kind.

Enfield Inn, Enfield, CT: A Somewhat Coherent Exploration (Maybe)

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and a Questionable Pizza

  • 1:00 PM - Arrive at Enfield Inn. (Check-in, panic about luggage, and the weather.)

    Alright, so the GPS, bless its digital heart, tried to take me through some godforsaken backroads. I swear, I saw a scarecrow give me the stink eye. Managed to finally roll up to the Enfield Inn, which, let’s be honest, looks like an inn. A slightly… weathered inn. Which, you know, has its charm. Found the lobby and the whole process of checking in was a blur, probably because I was still half-convinced I was going to get lost again. My suitcase, bless its sturdy soul, arrived intact. I gave the room a good once-over – not bad, but the patterned carpet definitely screamed “1980s Grandma’s living room."

  • 1:30 PM - Unpack, and battle the window. (Trying to open it!)

    Okay, picture this: me, wrestling with a window that apparently hasn’t been opened since the Reagan administration. The struggle was real. I eventually prevailed. I consider this a personal victory. Fresh air! Sweet, slightly musty, Connecticut air!

  • 2:00 PM - Lunch at …whatever place…

    So, I was starving. Like, actual hangry-monster starving. Google led me to Piccolo's Pizza & Restaurant.

    BIG MISTAKE. Okay, not catastrophic, but the pizza was… underwhelming. The sauce… oh. It tasted of memories. Like, memories of pizza that had a sauce that had been cooked at least once. I ate the pizza, mind you. Desperate times. I’m easily pleased with the pizza and any type of sauce.

  • 3:00 PM - Attempt to work. Fail. (The allure of the bed is strong.) I planned to do work. I sat at the small desk. My brain was… elsewhere. The bed called to me. The pull of the pillows was too strong. I succumbed.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner at the bar. (Talk to the bartender, consider my life choices.)

    Okay, finally dragged myself out of bed. Headed back downstairs to the bar. The bartender, a friendly guy named… I think it was Dave? Anyway, we got to chatting. He'd lived in Enfield his whole life. We discussed the weather, the Red Sox (I'm a Yankee fan… but let’s not get into that), and the general ennui of existence. He mixed a mean Old Fashioned. I think I may have overshared.

  • 8:00 PM - Netflix binge. (Regret the pizza.)

    Back in the room. The pizza regrets hit me. Watched a show about people who run a bakery. Cried a little. Went to bed.

Day 2: Exploring Enfield (and the depths of my own existential dread)

  • 8:00 AM - Wake up (slightly hungover and still thinking about the pizza.)

    Oh dear God. Where am I?

  • 9:00 AM-Breakfast at the hotel. (Question the quality of the coffee.)

    The breakfast buffet was… well, let’s just say it wasn’t the Ritz-Carlton. The coffee was what I imagine dishwater tastes like. I ate a stale muffin. I’m starting to suspect that the Enfield Inn is a gateway to some parallel dimension where food and happiness are forbidden.

  • 10:00 AM - Explore the town green, and the old town hall. (Feel strangely nostalgic.)

    Okay, so I finally ventured out into the world. The town green was actually… kinda pleasant. And the town hall? It had that classic, New England charm. Seeing that, for a minute, I felt… like a person in a movie. Then the existential dread crept back in. Life is a series of small moments punctuated by periods of abject terror.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch at a local diner. (Order a burger, become friends with the waitress.)

    Found a diner! A REAL diner! With a waitress who knew everyone's name. She called me "hon." Ordered a burger and fries. It was heavenly. The burger was greasy, perfect. We talked about life, the universe, and everything. She understood. I felt a flicker of hope. Maybe Enfield wasn’t so bad after all.

  • 2:00 PM - Drive around. (Get lost. Regret not getting a better map.)

    Thought I'd be adventurous. Decided to "drive around Enfield." Got incredibly lost. Google Maps failed me. Ended up in a place that looked suspiciously like a scene from a horror film. Went back to the inn.

  • 6:00 PM - More bar time. (Contemplate the meaning of life with Dave.)

    Yeah. Back at the bar. Dave. He seems to be the only constant in this reality. We discussed philosophy, history, and the merits of different types of beer. It was comforting.

Day 3: Departure and Reflections (Mostly about the pizza)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast (avoid the coffee at all costs).

    Brave my way to breakfast. Again, the buffet was… there.

  • 9:00 AM - Check-out (promise to visit again – maybe just for Dave).

    Okay, so I checked out. The whole process was… efficient. I thanked the staff. Promised to return. Honestly? Might. For Dave. And maybe just to prove I can survive the Enfield Inn.

  • 10:00 AM - Head home.

    And that's it. Enfield. The Enfield Inn. The pizza. The existential dread. The friendly bartender. It was a mess. A beautiful mess. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, maybe for a decent slice of pizza.

Final Thoughts:

Enfield? Could be worse. The Enfield Inn? Has character. The pizza? Still haunt me. But hey, at least it wasn't boring. And the next time I'm craving a truly memorable experience, I know where to go. Just maybe… I’ll pack my own pizza.

P.S. If you see Dave? Tell him I said hi. And maybe send him my regards. And please, for all that is holy, find a pizza place that is better than the current ones!

Fort Wayne's BEST Homewood Suites? (Unbelievable Amenities!)

Book Now

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States Enfield Inn: FAQs - The Real Deal (Maybe)

Enfield Inn: Frequently Asked, Then Second-Guessingly Answered, Questions

Okay, Seriously, Is This Place Actually IN Enfield? I've been burned before.

Alright, let's address the elephant in the room, or maybe the slightly-less-than-immaculate-elephant in the lobby. YES, it's in Enfield. Like, actually. I mean, I *think* so. I drove past the sign, which is... well, it exists. Look, I'm not a cartographer. But I'm pretty darn sure I didn't accidentally end up in, say, Boston. (Always a risk with my sense of direction, honestly.)

I even *checked Google Maps*. Multiple times. Still in Enfield. So, yeah. Enfield. Promise. Just don't expect it to be *the* Enfield you imagined. You know? The one with the perfect everything. This is... Enfield-adjacent, sometimes?

What are the rooms like? Are we talking "Motel 6 circa 1998" or "Slightly-Better-than-Motel-6-but-still-kinda-Motel-6"?

Okay, let's be brutally honest here. You're not going to find a jacuzzi tub overlooking a Tuscan vineyard. Prepare yourself. Temper your expectations. I'd say "Slightly-Better-than-Motel-6-but-still-kinda-Motel-6" is a tragically accurate assessment. Think… clean-ish. Bedspreads that *might* have been updated sometime this century (maybe). The air conditioning? Hit or miss. REALLY hit or miss. It might be a roaring success, or it might sound like a dying lawnmower. Bring earplugs, just in case. I ALWAYS bring earplugs.

I once stayed in a room where the window rattled every time a semi-truck drove by (which, in Enfield, is roughly every 30 seconds). I swear, I thought the building was going to collapse. But hey, it *didn't*! So that's a win, right?

Is there a pool? Because a pool makes *everything* better.

Hmm... the pool query... let me think... Ah, the pool. Okay, so there *is* a pool. Or at least, there *was* a pool. Whether it's currently filled with water and chlorine, or more likely, a collection of fallen leaves and questionable algae, is a gamble. I'm not sure. I've heard whispers. Let's just say, don't build your entire vacation around poolside lounging. Bring some sunscreen, just in case... But maybe not the swim trunks. Unless you're adventurous, or brave. Or have a strong immune system.

My advice? Call ahead. And maybe bring a water bottle. You know, for hydration. Either way.

What about breakfast? Free continental breakfast is the ULTIMATE hotel perk.

Oh, continental breakfast. The holy grail of cheap hotel stays. Okay. Let me tell you about the continental breakfast at Enfield Inn. "Continental" is the operative word here. Think: pre-packaged pastries that have seen better days, sugary cereal that's somehow both crunchy and soggy at the same time, and coffee that tastes like it was brewed in a rusty bucket. The juice... Well, I'd say it's orange-adjacent. Sometimes.

But you know what? I'm not complaining. I *love* those stale pastries, I always gorge myself on them like I'm never going to eat another pastry again. And the coffee? It's... fuel. It gets the job done. Plus, it's free! So, yeah. Embrace the continental-ness.

Is there parking? Because I *hate* circling the block endlessly.

Parking? Oh, yes. There's parking. Plenty of parking. It's… right there. In front of the building. Usually. Sometimes. Let’s just say, space is generally available. Now, is it *organized* parking? No. Is it *paved* parking? Also, no. It's more like… a large expanse of asphalt and gravel. But you'll find a spot. You probably will. I haven't encountered any major parking-related crises yet. Though I did see a small dog once, chasing a particularly determined tumbleweed across the parking lot. That was... entertaining.

What's nearby? I'm looking for something to *do*.

Okay, let’s talk attractions. Nearby... hmmm. I have to put my thinking cap on for this one. Enfield itself, well, it's... Enfield. There's a few chain restaurants (that's always good), and some... businesses. There is a place which sells fireworks- I think. Also a supermarket! I always forget the names. Do a google search, don't rely on me! I am, admittedly, terrible at getting around.

If you're looking for excitement, this might not be your ideal spot. But, hey, sometimes you just need a place to crash. And Enfield Inn? It's a place. And in the words of many a weary traveler, "It'll do."

But. If you're up for a drive, I always end up going to Six Flags New England. It's not far. You can get your roller coaster kicks there. Or, if you're feeling extra ambitious, hit up Springfield. But remember, I'm no tour guide, so plan accordingly.

Are the staff friendly? A grumpy front desk person can ruin a whole trip.

The staff... ah, yes, the staff. I have to say, I've always found them... present. Friendly? Well, they're not actively *unfriendly*. It's a polite detachment, I guess. Like, they'll check you in, hand you your key, and maybe offer a curt greeting. Don't expect sparkling conversation. Don't expect a warm hug. But they *do* get the job done. Which, in my book, is often enough.

I once had a minor issue with my room key, and the guy behind the counter fixed it without complaint. Efficient. That's the word. Efficient. And I appreciated it, because after a long day of... doing things (I've really forgotten what I was doing that day), that's all I wanted.

Okay, so you’re not *hating*Stay Scouter

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States

Enfield Inn Enfield (CT) United States