Loxley House Howick: Your Unforgettable South African Escape Awaits!
Loxley House Howick: My Brain's Whirlwind Tour (And Why You Should Go!)
Okay, so, I’ve just spent the last few hours, maybe a day and a half, staring at the details of Loxley House in Howick. "Your Unforgettable South African Escape Awaits!" they boast. And after wading through a sea of facilities, I think I’m finally ready to tell you what to expect. Prepare for a ride… because honestly, this website thing is a lot of stuff. I'm practically tripping over information. It's like, they really want you to come. And you know what? After the virtual journey, I'm starting to get it.
First things first: What's the Vibe?
Look, I love a good South African adventure. Rolling hills, dramatic landscapes, the smell of braai… perfection. And Loxley House is clearly aiming for the "luxury escape" market. Think elegant, but hopefully not stuffy. They’ve got an insane list of amenities, which, frankly, is a little overwhelming at first glance. It felt like scrolling through an instruction manual for an alien spaceship. But after diving in… I’m seeing the potential.
Accessibility - The Honest Truth (and My Slightly-Confused Search for Info)
Right, let's get this out of the way. Accessibility is crucial for a hotel, and I was hunting for details like my life depended on it. The site lists "Facilities for disabled guests" which is… a start. I'd love to see more concrete information, things like ramp details (you can't just SAY it, you gotta show it), bathroom measurements etc, but I'm hopeful. With facilities like an elevator, it already passes the minimum requirements. I would recommend calling ahead and giving them a chance to tell you how good it is, or what can be done to prepare for your arrival.
The Good Stuff: Indulgence Alert! (And Maybe a Mild Coma)
Okay, where do I even start? This place is loaded with ways to unwind. And let’s be honest, after a long day of, well, anything, a little pampering is essential.
- Spa City: They've got a whole freaking spa. Think: Body scrubs, body wraps, massages, a sauna, a steam room, a pool with a view (gasp!), a foot bath… basically, they're trying to force you to relax. And I might just let them! The mere idea of a massage is enough to make my shoulders unclench.
- Poolside Bliss: Outdoor swimming pool? Check. Poolside bar? Double check. This is where I see myself, drink in hand, watching the sun go down. I'm already planning my poolside outfit.
Food, Glorious Food (and My Inner Carb Monster)
This is a big one. Food is fuel, it's therapy, it's the reason I get out of bed. And Loxley House seems to understand.
- Multiple Restaurants: A la carte? Check. Buffet? Check. Asian cuisine? Intriguing. International? You betcha. I’m already picturing myself sampling everything. Don't expect Michelin stars, but it has the potential to be quite good, and some variation will keep any traveler happy for an extended stay.
- Room Service 24/7: Need I say more? This is a game-changer. Midnight cravings? Solved! (Especially with the "breakfast in room" option. Score!)
- Vegetarian/Dietary Needs: They have a Vegetarian restaurant, how can you knock that?
- Snacks and Drinks: Coffee shop? Poolside bar? Happy hour? Okay, Loxley House, you're speaking my language.
My Obsession: Internet Access (Because, Let's Be Real)
I work online. It's how I survive! A hotel's internet connection is my lifeline.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! No more frantic searching for a signal. (Though… I've learned to carry a portable hotspot, just in case. Trust me.)
- Internet Access – Everywhere: They list LAN (wired) and wireless. They understand that some of us are fussy about internet speeds and security. This is a huge win.
- Wi-Fi for Special Events: If you're planning a conference or a seminar, or a wedding (they have facilities for ALL these things), they have an internet solution.
Cleanliness and Safety: Important Stuff (Especially These Days)
This is where Loxley House seems to be really paying attention.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services, safe dining setup… Basically, they're doing everything they can to keep you healthy. I appreciate this. It's reassuring.
- Staff Training: They've got staff trained in safety protocol, and they have hand sanitizer everywhere. Good, good.
- Cashless payment service: This helps in many ways.
The Practicalities (and My Inner Control Freak)
Beyond the fun stuff, a hotel has to be practical. Loxley House appears to get this.
- Conveniences: Concierge, daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning (yes, please!). They've got you covered.
- Business Facilities: If you need to work, they've got it: meetings, a business center, and all the tech doodads you can imagine.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer, free parking, valet parking… They make it easy to get there and get around.
Things to Do (Beyond Lounging and Eating)
While I'm personally very good at lounging and eating, I know some people want to actually do things.
- Fitness Center: If you have energy after all the food and relaxation.
- Things for Kids: Family-friendly, babysitting services. Makes this feel welcoming for the whole family.
The Rooms: My Digital Peek Inside
The rooms themselves sound pretty swanky.
- Amenities Galore: Air conditioning, alarm clock, coffee/tea maker, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box… The list is extensive. (And necessary!)
- Techy Bits: Internet access (wired and wireless), satellite TV. (Important for those late-night movie cravings.)
- The Essentials: Non-smoking rooms, and lots of nice touches like bathrobes and slippers. (Because who doesn't want a robe?)
The Not-So-Perfect Bits
Okay, no place is perfect. And the messy bits are often the most delightful, because they are the most honest.
- Pet Policy: No Pets Allowed. I love pets, and this might disappoint some travelers.
- I want MORE info on accessibility! Seriously, I'm begging.
My Emotional Verdict: I'm (Almost) Sold!
Look, I’m usually a bit of a hotel skeptic. But Loxley House? It’s got potential. It combines the luxury I crave with the practicality I need. The sheer variety of things to do, eat, and experience is impressive. I can totally picture myself there. Relaxing, gorging myself, maybe even… gasp… going to the gym. Maybe. In short? I'm tempted.
Here's My Crazy, Totally Unsolicited Offer:
Alright, Loxley House, here's what I'm thinking:
- Book Now, Get a FREE Massage! Because everyone needs to unwind. Seriously, you deserve it.
- Early Bird Bonus: Book your stay before [Insert Date] and receive a discount on your spa treatments.
- Family Fun Package: Book a family suite and get a free babysitting credit (because parents need a break!).
- The "Just Because" Special: Book any room and get a bottle of local wine and a fruit platter upon arrival. Because, well, treat yourself.
Why You Should Book (and Why I Might Be Joining You)
If you're looking for a South African escape that truly lives up to its name, Loxley House is worth a serious look. It's got relaxation dialed in, a food scene that makes my mouth water, and enough amenities to keep you busy (or blissfully inactive) for days. I'm already dreaming of that pool, that massage, and that South African sunset. So, what are you waiting for? Book now, and maybe I’ll see you there! (I'll be the one face-down on a massage table. Don't judge.)
Clarksville's BEST Comfort Suites? (You Won't Believe #3!)Alright, buckle up buttercups because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to Loxley House in Howick, South Africa. Forget perfect, think… well, think me trying to organise a weekend away. Good luck, everyone.
Loxley House: Chaos with a Side of Charm
Friday: Arrival, A Flustered Welcome & Whiskey Dreams
- 14:00 (ish): Arrive at (hopefully) Loxley House after navigating the, let's be honest, slightly terrifying drive from… well, wherever I’m coming from. Traffic? Mayhem. Google Maps trying to send me down a dirt track? You bet. My mood? Let’s say “optimistic, if slightly caffeinated and clutching a crumpled map.”
- Expectation: Elegant arrival. Smooth check-in. Perhaps a refreshing welcome drink.
- Reality: Probably me, red-faced, wrestling with a suitcase the size of a small car, muttering about the price of petrol and the sheer absurdity of modern parking. And they better have a good G&T ready because I’ve earned it. Oh, and I hope the room is even remotely like the pictures online. (They always look better, don’t they?)
- 14:30 – 15:00: Check-in, assuming I've managed to locate reception without getting eaten by a rogue giraffe.
- Quick Anecdote: Once, in a fancy hotel, I tried to be all sophisticated and cool, but ended up calling the front desk at 3 am because I couldn’t figure out how to turn off the bedside lamp. Don’t be me.
- 15:00 – 16:00: Unpack… or, more accurately, attempt to unpack. The real struggle begins. The dreaded suitcase explosion. Finding something that doesn't look like it went through a washing machine and a dryer, and finding the room. If I can't find it, I will definitely unpack it from the car.
- 16:00 – 17:00: Explore Loxley House grounds. Look for the elusive "chill spot" – you know, the one in all the brochures with the perfect lighting and a view that screams "Instagrammable." My actual chances? Slim to none. Unless I stumble upon the spot and want to spend the rest of my life there.
- 17:00 – 18:00: Pre-dinner drinks on the veranda, fingers crossed for actual sunshine, and not another afternoon of gloomy clouds. I’ll take a whiskey. I've had a long day - or maybe it's just the week?
- Quirky Observation: I’m starting to think I'm allergic to sunshine. It only shines when I'm not expecting it and I never bring sunscreen!
- 19:00: Dinner at (hopefully) the Loxley House restaurant? I want to feel fancy, but I'll probably end up spilling something down my front. Don’t judge me. I'll bring a bib and prepare for the worst.
Saturday: Waterfalls, Wandering & Whiskey (Again?)
- 08:00 – 09:00: Breakfast. Preferably eggs benedict. Or failing that, anything edible after the chaos of Friday.
- Rambling Thought: Why is breakfast so important on vacation? Is it because we're trying to make up for the sins of the week? Or is it actually just to stop us from getting too hangry before lunch?
- 09:30 – 13:00: THE HOWICK FALLS SAGA. Ok, so it's not really a saga, but it should be. This is the highlight, the one thing I must do. The Howick Falls. I saw the pictures! Absolutely stunning. Hopefully, the "slight incline" walk to the viewing platform is actually slight and I don't have to be rescued by a team of sherpas.
- Doubling Down (and Getting Sentimental): I'm going to soak it all in. Stand there, breathe in the air, and try to appreciate the magnificent power of nature. Maybe even write a terrible poem about waterfalls. Don't judge me. I'm going to feel something there. Be it awe, or existential dread, or just the need for a really, really good coffee afterward.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Lunch somewhere after the falls. Hopefully, it's a place that understands the basic principles of a sandwich.
- 14:00 – 16:00: Explore the town of Howick. Browsing some shops, maybe get a chocolate. If I can resist the temptation to buy absolutely everything.
- Emotional Reaction: I love wandering around new places. It’s a sensory overload in the best possible way. The smells, the sounds, the people… it’s all so interesting!
- 16:00 – 17:00: Back to Loxley House for some "relaxation." Or, you know, collapsing on the bed with a book and a sigh of utter contentment.
- 17:00 - whenever: Whiskey on the veranda. Again. I deserve it.
- Opinionated Language: It's nearly impossible to have a bad day with a nice glass of whiskey. I'm not ashamed to say it.
- 19:00: Dinner. This time, I’m ordering dessert first. Because life is short, and I deserve the chocolate lava cake.
Sunday: Goodbye, and (Probably) Wishing I Stayed Longer
- 08:00 – 09:00: Breakfast. Please let there be pancakes. And coffee. Lots of coffee.
- 09:30 – 10:30: Pack. The dreaded return to reality.
- 10:30 – 11:00: Check-out. Hopefully, I haven’t broken anything, or left a trail of glitter and existential angst.
- 11:30: Head off, with a heavy heart (and lighter wallet), already planning my return. If I'm honest, I will be dragging my feet as I leave.
- Imperfection: I know I’ll forget something. Keys. My phone charger. My sanity.
- Stream of Consciousness Last Thought: Maybe I’ll leave something behind on purpose so I can have an excuse to come back. Yes. That’s the plan.
Well, there you have it. A hopefully honest account of my trip to Loxley House, the drama, the wonder, the sheer human-ness of it all. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.
Sedona's Las Posadas: Uncover the Magic (Hidden Gem!)Loxley House: You Asked, I Answered (and Maybe Ranted a Little)
So, what *exactly* is Loxley House? I see pretty pictures... what's the *real* deal?
Okay, picture this: rolling hills of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, emerald green, and a house that looks like it popped straight out of a design magazine. That's Loxley House. But here’s the *real* deal… it's more than just pretty. It's… an experience. I went there last year, you know, the one where I swore I’d finally *relax*… yeah, about that. We arrived late, a bit frazzled from the drive, and the first thing I remember is the *smell*. Not a bad smell, like old socks. No, it was… fresh air, wood burning faintly in the fireplace (even though it was summer, because that's just *them*), and something… calming? It’s hard to explain. It's a feeling more than a smell. Definitely a “Wow, I'm actually *here*” kind of feeling. They even have a little dog, a Jack Russel called Max, that greeted us – he decided *I* was his person for the entire stay. And let me tell you, there's nothing like a furry little welcome committee after a long trip. He definitely boosted our moods when we had been on the road for what felt like years!
Okay, sounds nice. But… what's the *food* situation? I’m a foodie, you know. Will I starve?
Starve? Honey, no. You might actually *gain* a few pounds. And yes, it's the good kind of gaining, the kind that involves deliciousness. Breakfast is AMAZING. Think fresh fruit, the best granola I've ever eaten (seriously, I tried to sneak the recipe out, but no luck), and eggs cooked to perfection. One morning, they even served these little pancakes, like, tiny works of art. Ugh, just thinking about it… I could eat a stack right now! Lunch and dinner… well, those depend on your package. We went for dinner one night and it was this incredible roast lamb. And the wine? Oh, the wine… South African wines are always a treat, some of them are on the pricier side, however, the selection at Loxley House was top-notch. I mean, I’m no sommelier, but even *I* could tell it was good stuff. You're going to EAT WELL - that much I promise you.
What is there to *do* at Loxley House? I’m not one for just sitting around.
Alright, listen up, adventure seekers! While it’s tempting to, you know, *do nothing* and bask in the gorgeousness, there’s plenty to keep you busy. They have a pool, which is glorious on a hot day (and even if it’s not hot, just jump in, you won't regret it!). There are walking trails around the property – seriously, take a walk, the views are breathtaking. One day, I tried to follow a trail, but got hopelessly lost. I asked the staff and they laughed and said I was 'exploring', ah, the 'exploration' of getting lost in gorgeous nature. They also recommended a couple of places around the area, the Howick Falls is close by (impressive, but I was a bit scared of heights), and they can arrange spa treatments. I didn’t do too much, which, if I’m honest, is what I needed. But, if you want to hike, explore, or just generally be active, you won’t be bored. I do wish I had gone to the spa, though. Next time, definitely! However, I was happy by the pool.
Is it going to be stuffy and uncomfortable? Are the staff hovering?
Okay, let’s be clear: Loxley House *feels* luxurious, sure. But it’s not stuffy. It's the kind of place where you can kick off your shoes, grab a book, and just *be*. The staff are AMAZING. They are super friendly, kind, and genuinely want you to have a good time. One of the staff members, whose name I've embarrassingly forgotten (I'm terrible with names!) found out I loved coffee, and then, every morning, a fresh cup arrived – before I even had to ask! They’re attentive without being overbearing, which is a *massive* plus in my book. It's the kind of place where you feel taken care of, but still have your privacy. Trust me, you will feel at ease there - it feels like a sanctuary.
What kind of rooms do they have at Loxley House?
Rooms… ah, rooms… they’re all beautiful. I peeked into a few, and they all have their own charm and quirks. They are all different, from cosy suites to sprawling villas. Each room is decorated with a modern, contemporary, and tasteful touch, and they all have views that will make your jaw drop! The beds are heavenly, by the way – I slept like a log! (And I'm a terrible sleeper, usually). You can view all the rooms on their website – but trust me, you won’t be disappointed. Just pick one! I actually preferred the smaller room, it felt more… homey? The bigger suites seemed a little *too* grand for my taste... personal preference though. I'd go back just to try them all out!
What's the best time to visit Loxley House?
That depends on what you’re after! The Midlands are lovely year-round, to be honest. The summer (December - February) is warm and green (perfect for the pool!), but it can get a little rainy. Spring (September - November) and autumn (March - May) offer beautiful weather and fewer crowds. Winter (June - August) is cooler, but you get those cozy nights in front of the fireplace! I went in October, and the weather was just perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. I’d recommend it, unless you’re a major sun worshipper! Honestly, anytime is a good time. Just pack accordingly!
So, the price… is it going to completely destroy my bank account?
Okay, let’s be honest, it's not budget accommodation. It's a luxury experience, and it's priced accordingly. However, I think what you get for what you pay for is absolutely worth it. When you factor in the quality of the accommodation, the food, the service… it's something special. If you're saving up for a special occasion, or just want a truly memorable getaway, then yes, it is worth the splurge. Think of it as an investment in your sanity and wellbeing! Check their website for current rates and packages – they often have some deals, especially if you go mid-week. You can also find lots of information here. (Phew, that was a lot of work!)