Unbelievable Mini Golf Paradise in Ubon Ratchathani: Resort & Thrills Await!
Unbelievable Mini Golf Paradise in Ubon Ratchathani: A Review That’s Honestly, Kind of a Wild Ride (and You Should Probably Book Now)
Okay, folks, let's be real. I’m writing this after spending a few days – and nights – at Unbelievable Mini Golf Paradise in Ubon Ratchathani. And honestly? The name doesn’t lie. It is unbelievable. But in a way that's… complicated. Buckle up, because this review is gonna be a bit of a rollercoaster.
First Impressions: "Unbelievable" is Right (and Maybe a Tiny Bit Overzealous)
Pulling up to the resort, I was immediately impressed. The entrance is lush, green, and definitely Instagrammable. The exterior corridor is well-maintained, and the 24-hour security gave me a real sense of ease. The car park [free of charge] was a huge plus (yay, no parking stress!). They've even got car power charging stations! Talk about modern! You can tell they're trying to be modern!
Then, I saw the mini golf. And, well… it's… unbelievable. Like, a bit of a fever dream. Crazy layouts, quirky obstacles, and enough neon to light up a small city. (More on that later).
Accessibility: Trying Hard, but Not Quite There (Yet)
I'm not gonna sugarcoat this: for true, comprehensive accessibility, they're still working on it. The facilities for disabled guests are listed, but it felt a little… surface-level. While there's an elevator, navigating some of the winding paths might be a challenge. It's clear they're making an effort, and the staff were super helpful (more on them later, too!) but this isn't a truly fully accessible resort. They do have a Family/child friendly option, so there're options for children.
The Rooms: Cozy, Clean, and They've Thought of Everything (Except Maybe How to Stop Me From Hogging the Bathrobes)
My room? Pretty fantastic. The air conditioning blasted (a MUST in the Ubon heat!), the blackout curtains are a lifesaver, and the bed… oh, the extra long bed was like sleeping on a cloud. They have complimentary tea and free bottled water! Such a nice touch. And the bathrobes… soft like baby clouds. I may have, ahem, become very attached to them.
They’ve also got all the usual suspects: hair dryer, in-room safe box, mini bar, satellite/cable channels, wi-fi [free], and, crucially, a private bathroom with a separate shower/bathtub. The daily housekeeping was impeccable – the room was always spotless. They even had a mirror in the room. Wow!
Oh, the Internet! (and Why I Almost Lost My Mind Trying to Upload Photos)
Okay, listen, the free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a big win, and they have internet access – wireless. But… and it’s a big BUT… it was a little… spotty. It's faster in some areas of the property than others. I’m generally a digital nomad type, so I spent hours trying to upload photos of the resort. I think the frustration may have aged me a few years. They've tried with internet access - LAN. But I think the solution will be to check if the Internet services are up to speed!
Spa & Relaxation: Did I Mention the Steamroom? (My Inner Zen is Still Recovering)
Okay, let's talk about the real reason I'm still slightly in a blissed-out daze: the spa. The Spa/sauna is truly amazing, the whole experience starts with a Body wrap and scrub, and what's better than a Steamroom? It was pure, unadulterated relaxation. I spent a good portion of my stay floating in the swimming pool and enjoying the pool with a view. I'm convinced they're putting something extra in the water that makes you never want to leave. They even have a Foot bath for a little extra pampering!
Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Minor Hiccups with the Buffet)
The restaurant scene is a definite highlight. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was excellent, and the international cuisine in restaurant did the trick too. The Western cuisine in restaurant was there for people like me who gets homesick! There's a coffee shop for quick caffeine hits, a poolside bar for cocktails, and a snack bar for those late-night cravings.
The breakfast [buffet] was a bit chaotic, though. It was so busy. But, they had a huge selection of Asian breakfast, Western breakfast and everything in between, and I always managed to find something delicious. They even have breakfast takeaway service.
The Mini Golf Experience: A Love/Hate Relationship (Mostly Love)
Alright, let’s get back to the main attraction: the mini golf. The course itself is… eccentric. Seriously, expect the unexpected. Water hazards, crazy loops, and obstacles that made me question my sanity. It's hard. Utterly, hilariously hard. I think I spent more time laughing (and yelling at the balls) than actually putting. But that's the charm, right? It's that kind of experience that gets you talking to other guests. I met a couple who were on their honeymoon—they spent almost one whole afternoon on the mini-golf course.
Cleanliness & Safety: Comforting in a Pandemic World
Okay, this is important. They take cleanliness seriously. They use anti-viral cleaning products, have daily disinfection in common areas, and offer room sanitization opt-out available. Seeing the staff constantly sanitizing surfaces put me at ease, especially with the ever-present pandemic. They also have hand sanitizer readily available and staff trained in safety protocols. Plus, you can pay with cashless payment service.
Services & Conveniences: They've Thought of Almost Everything!
This place is packed with services! The 24-hour front desk is super helpful. They have a concierge, dry cleaning, ironing service, laundry service, and even a cash withdrawal machine. Plus, the daily housekeeping is super-thorough. It's all geared towards making your stay as seamless as possible.
Okay, Fine, Here's the Imperfections:
I’m not gonna lie, there were a couple of tiny bumps. Finding the right turn on the mini-golf course was tricky! And the Wi-Fi's a little shaky. The Happy hour drinks, while good, could be a bit stronger.
The Staff: The Real Secret Weapon
And then there's the staff. They were genuinely lovely. Always smiling, always helpful, and always went the extra mile. They really, truly made the experience (and probably saved me from a severe meltdown during the mini-golf). Their English was pretty good, too, which made communication easy.
Why You ABSOLUTELY Should Book This Place (Seriously, Do It Now!)
Despite the minor flaws, this place is a total win. It’s fun, it's relaxing, and it’s a little bit… unhinged in the best possible way.
Here’s why you should book immediately:
- The Mini Golf: It's ridiculously fun, unique, and a guaranteed conversation starter.
- The Spa: Pure bliss. Go there. Now.
- The Staff: They're amazing. Seriously, they'll make you feel like royalty.
- The Price: It's surprisingly affordable for what you get.
- The Overall Vibe: It's just… fun!
FINAL VERDICT:
Unbelievable Mini Golf Paradise is, well, unbelievable. It's a quirky, charming resort with some minor issues, but the overall experience is absolutely worth it. The mini golf alone is worth the trip, but the spa, the food and the incredible staff make it a truly unforgettable stay. So, if you're looking for something different, something fun, and something that will leave you with stories to tell, book this place. You won't regret it (unless your golf game is as bad as mine!).
Book Now!
West Memphis Getaway: Comfort Suites I-40/I-55 Luxury!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to navigate my chaotic, probably-slightly-too-optimistic itinerary for the Mini-Golf & Resort Ubon Ratchathani. Honestly? I’m already predicting a meltdown or two, probably mine. Let's get this train wreck rolling!
Day 1: Arrival & the (Probably) Sunny Side of Life
Morning (8:00 AM): Wake up with a manic energy, fuelled by instant coffee and the sheer audacity of booking a trip to Thailand. Pack the last-minute essentials: a slightly too-small sun hat (because I'm classy like that), about a hundred packets of tissues (because humidity), and a novel I'll probably read three pages of before getting distracted by a butterfly. Realistically, I'll spend an hour just contemplating packing.
Mid-morning (10:00 AM): Arrive at Ubon Ratchathani Airport (UBP). Pray the immigration line isn't a biblical plague. Seriously. I’m already envisioning myself accidentally yelling at someone over a stamp. Deep breaths, remember the mantra: "Be nice, be nice, be nice…" Find the resort transfer (hopefully it's not a tuk-tuk – my travel body does not align with that).
Lunch (12:00 PM): Check in to the resort. Secretly hoping my bungalow is near the mini-golf. Find the resort restaurant, order the most authentic Thai dish I can pronounce (probably Pad Thai). Take a moment to marvel at how green everything is. I will inevitably spill something on myself during the meal. It’s a gift.
Afternoon (2:00 PM): The Mini-Golf Debacle Begins. Assess the course. Immediately, I think, "This looks easy!" I'm pretty sure I’ve never played mini-golf successfully in my life. Start round one with boundless enthusiasm. Suffer the usual existential dread that creeps in when I’m on hole number three and my ball is stuck. Expect a lot of "curses" and dramatic ball-throwing in frustration.
Evening (6:00 PM): Sunset cocktails at the resort bar. Order something with a tiny umbrella. Observe the other resort guests. Wonder what their stories are. Maybe eavesdrop politely (okay, maybe not that politely). Attempt (and fail) to remember the Thai words for "Cheers!"
Dinner (8:00 PM): Dinner at the resort restaurant. Maybe try a traditional Thai dish. Or maybe just order French fries because sometimes, you know, you need some familiarity. (Embrace the chaos!)
Day 2: Culture Shock & Tiny Putters of Despair
Morning (8:00 AM): Wake up with the faintest aches from all the mini-golfing. Have a massive breakfast. (I’m on vacation, carbs are my friends.) Contemplate wearing the sun hat but probably ditch it.
Mid-morning (9:30 AM): Head to local market. I shall attempt a negotiation. This is where the adventure begins. I have a knack for accidentally offending people. Pray for a market that sells things I don't need.
Lunch (12:00 PM): Return to the resort for lunch. Debrief after my 'experience'.
Afternoon (2:00 PM): Mini-Golf Round Numero Dos: The Redemption Attempt Back to the mini-golf course. Determined to conquer at least one hole with skill. Take the advice of small children on how to aim. Definitely, attempt some of the trick shots I’d watched on YouTube but most likely will fail. In the middle of the game, make mental note to film myself playing, and laugh at the whole thing when I get back home.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Pool time. I probably will not be doing any serious swimming. It's more about sunbathing and admiring the general loveliness.
Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner, maybe take a Thai cooking class to learn a new skill.
Day 3: Farewell, Fairway (or, The Day I Accept My Mini-Golf Fate)
Morning (8:00 AM): Last breakfast. Gaze longingly at the mini-golf course, knowing it’ll probably outsmart me again. Enjoy sun shine.
Mid-morning (9:00 AM): The Grand Finale: Farewell Mini-Golf! The final round. Accept the inevitability of my mini-golf ineptitude. Embrace the ridiculousness of it all. Take a picture on every hole.
Lunch (12:00 PM): Final meal at the resort. Order something I really like, for the last time on this trip.
Afternoon (2:00 PM): Pack. Reflect on all the things I forgot to do. Regret not spending more time on that hammock. Realize I’ll probably need another suitcase just for souvenirs.
Late Afternoon (3:00 PM): Resort transfer to Ubon Ratchathani airport.
Evening (5:00 PM): Fly home, already planning my return, secretly, because even though I got my butt handed to me on that mini-golf course, something in the air got to me and now I'm addicted…
Final thoughts: I’m sure things will go horribly wrong at some point. I'll probably get lost. I'll definitely sweat buckets. But I’m also pretty sure I’ll have a blast. And that, my friends, is the whole point. Now, where's that tiny umbrella?