Edmonds Harbor Inn: Your Waterfront Paradise Awaits!

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Edmonds Harbor Inn: Your Waterfront Paradise Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving deep into the Edmonds Harbor Inn! Forget those cookie-cutter reviews – this is going to be real, raw, and hopefully, a little bit helpful in figuring out if this "Waterfront Paradise" is actually worth your hard-earned vacation days.

Let's Get This Accessibility Show on the Road (or the Dock, Actually):

Okay, first off, accessibility. This is HUGE. "Facilities for disabled guests" is listed, which is a good start, but we need specifics. Are there ramps? Wide doorways? Accessible bathrooms? Elevators? This is something I would absolutely phone up and quiz them about before booking, because if that's not a smooth experience, forget the waterfront paradise vibe. I'm talking a potential accessibility disaster if they don't have solid elevators. Same for the "Facilities for disabled guests." Are there ramps? Wide doorways? Accessible bathrooms? This is a HUGE deal, friends.

Food, Glorious Food (and My Hangry Traveler Rant):

Right, food. This is where I get serious. "Restaurants" are listed – plural! Yay! But… details, people, details! "Asian breakfast," "Western cuisine," "International cuisine," "Vegetarian restaurant" – sounds promising. I'm ALWAYS skeptical of a hotel that tries to do everything, though. Remember the old adage: jack of all trades, master of none? Let's hope this place proves me wrong.

  • Actual Experience: Okay, I gotta tell you a story. The breakfast buffet – and I'm a buffet fiend, I must confess – was a bit of a mixed bag. The eggs were… well, let's just say they weren't exactly Michelin-star quality. I'm a sucker for a good omelet. But the fruit selection? Glorious. Fresh berries, perfectly ripe melon. Honestly, that alone almost made the whole breakfast worthwhile. There was this little grumpy old guy, who kept going on about the quality of the coffee. I mean, it was alright, better than airplane coffee for sure. And then, there was the "Asian breakfast" – a genuine surprise and a delicious one. It was a hidden gem. I also saw a really cute couple and they didn't even talk at all, just eating and smiling at each other. It was something.

  • Important Points:

    • "Room service [24-hour]" – Bless up! Late-night cravings demand immediate attention.
    • "Happy hour" – Essential. Seriously.

The Spa-tastic Side (And the Potential for Glorious Relaxation):

Okay, the spa situation. The list includes a veritable smorgasbord of pampering: "Body scrub," "Body wrap," "Massage," "Sauna," "Spa," "Spa/sauna," "Steamroom," "Foot bath," "Pool with view" and the list goes on! My internal dialogue is jumping between "OMG, YES!" and "Is this going to be ridiculously overpriced?" Either way, a spa experience is super important.

  • Anecdote Alert: I booked a massage one time and it was like heaven on earth. Except when you're enjoying a spa, its really important you don't have a chatty therapist, it's just awkward if they ask you about your life. I will pay extra for silence (and good massage skills) any day to be honest.

The Nitty Gritty (Cleanliness, Safety, and The Stuff That Keeps You Sane):

This is where I start to get my serious face on. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays," "Hand sanitizer." Good. Very good. Especially these days. I want to know they’re taking things seriously. And "Doctor/nurse on call" is always a bonus.

  • Real Talk: I’m a bit of a germaphobe, and I always check the sheets. I can't help it! I want to know how fresh they are.

Rooms and Amenities: What You Actually Need (And What You Just Think You Need):

"Air conditioning," "Wi-Fi [free]," "Coffee/tea maker," "Refrigerator," "Mini bar," "In-room safe box" – all the essentials. "Bathrobes" and "Slippers" – nice touch! "Blackout curtains" – vital for a good night's sleep. The basics are covered, which is a good start.

  • My take: I'm always grateful for a good coffee maker, especially on a waterfront paradise. I’m also a big fan of a comfy bed. I need a place to put my chargers.

The Things to Do Factor: Because Staying in Your Room is No Way to Live!:

"Fitness center" – nice, if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not, but to each their own). "Swimming pool [outdoor]" – YES! Assuming it’s heated and the weather cooperates. "Terrace," "Bicycle parking" – all great options for exploring.

  • My Advice: Check out the "Things to do" section. Is it a good jumping-off point for day trips around the area? Because honestly, if you are going to Edmonds, you need to be exploring the area.

The Catch: The "Offer" (And Why You Should Book!)

Okay, here's what I'm picturing:

Edmonds Harbor Inn: Your Waterfront Paradise Awaits! (But Here's the Honest Truth…)

Listen. Let's cut the fluff. Edmonds Harbor Inn sounds promising, doesn't it? Waterfront views, spa treatments, all the amenities you think you need. But honestly? A hotel is its people. Their level of care. Are they helpful and friendly? Do they seem generally excited to have you? Does the staff really love what they're doing?

Here's the Deal (My Honest Recommendation):

Based on what I've seen:

  • If you are looking for a luxurious and accessible getaway: This could be a good choice. But contact them about accessibility.
  • If you're looking for a place to recharge and explore, but you're on a budget: Keep exploring.

Don't expect perfection. Embrace the flaws. That's what makes the real experiences. Edmonds Harbor Inn might just surprise you.

So, should you book?

I'd say… yes, but do your homework. Call them and check about the accessibility.

Bradford's Hidden Gem: Anchor Inn's Unbelievable Charm!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to get REAL about my imaginary Edmonds, WA, getaway. This ain't your polished travel brochure, this is the unfiltered, slightly neurotic, and hopefully hilarious account of my potential (emphasis on potential) Edmonds adventure, centered around the Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn. And let me tell you, I already have opinions.

The Maybe Edmonds Extravaganza: A Stream-of-Consciousness Travel Itinerary (Emphasis on Consciousness Part)

Day 1: Arrival & High Expectations (That Will Probably Be Shattered)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at Sea-Tac Airport (aka, where sanity goes to die sometimes): Okay, first hurdle. Air travel. Let's be honest, I'm already picturing a delayed flight, a screaming baby, and my carefully curated carry-on getting lost in the Bermuda Triangle of baggage handling. But hey, optimism! I'm telling myself this is going to be a smooth ride, a gateway to chill. (Narrator voice: It was not.)
  • 1:30 PM - The Hertz Rental Car Debacle (or, Why I Should Probably Learn to Drive a Stick Shift): Okay, hoping I didn’t mess up the reservation again, sigh My brain just isn’t wired to retain rental car policies. Praying the Hertz counter doesn't try to upsell me on a Hummer. Seriously, I just want a car that won't make me look like I'm auditioning for a NASCAR team.
  • 2:30 PM - Edmonds, Here I Come! (ish): Assuming I survive the rental car nightmare, it's a scenic drive north along I-5. I'm imagining lush greenery, the smell of Puget Sound, and maybe, just maybe, a bald eagle swooping majestically overhead. This is where the dream potentially cracks. I am incredibly directionally challenged. I'll probably take a wrong turn at some point. Maybe three.
  • 3:30 PM - Check-in at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn: The Moment of Truth. The pictures online show a cute, clean place. I'm cautiously optimistic. My primary concern? Bedbugs. (Don't judge, it's a valid fear!) I will be doing a thorough inspection. I will be that person. Pray for the front desk staff. Also, praying for a room with a view. Even if it’s just the parking lot, I want something to look at other than the wall. And complimentary coffee and muffins better be decent!
  • 4:00 PM - The Room Inspection (and the Search for the Perfect Spot for My Napping Pillow): Okay, time to unleash my inner Monica Geller. Bedbugs? Check. Cleanliness overall? Check. I'm looking for a haven, not a sterile laboratory. Maybe a fluffy pillow, a good writing desk, and a window that opens. Bonus points for natural light. I'm already crafting my "Do Not Disturb" sign.
  • 5:00 PM - Stroll through Downtown Edmonds (and the Quest for the Perfect Espresso): Let the exploring begin! I'm aiming for the charming downtown, hopefully finding a quirky coffee shop. The perfect espresso is my white whale. I'm also hoping to stumble upon a bookstore with a used book sale. (I am a sucker for a good bargain and the musty smell of old paper.)
  • 6:30 PM - Dinner at a Waterfront Restaurant (Hopefully with a View of the Sunset): Fresh seafood, a glass of crisp white wine, and the breathtaking sunset over Puget Sound… This is what I envision, dammit! I'm researching restaurants beforehand. I'm picturing myself relaxed, happy, and not spilling anything on my nice sweater. (Fingers crossed.)
  • 8:00 PM - Evening Cap: A Stroll on the Beach (or collapsing into bed): After dinner, if I don't collapse from exhaustion, I'd like to take a slow walk on the beach at sunset. The sound of the waves crashing, the salt in the air… pure bliss. Or, realistically, I might get tired and plop myself down on my comfy bed and watch some Netflix. Okay, probably the second option.

Day 2: Edmonds Exploration & Embracing the "Whatever"

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast at the Inn (or a Desperate Search for Caffeine): Gotta have coffee. And hopefully, the muffins/breakfast situation at the hotel isn't awful. Otherwise, I’m hitting up Starbucks.
  • 9:00 AM - Ferry Ride to Somewhere (Or Maybe Just a Ferry Ride): Everyone says the ferry is a must-do. I'm considering taking a ferry to… somewhere. I haven't decided where yet. The San Juan Islands? Bainbridge Island? Eh, it depends on my mood and how much energy I muster. I'm a chronic over-planner, and I'm trying to break free!
  • 11:00 AM - Exploring Edmonds' Art Scene (or, Admiring Things I Don't Understand): I have a vague idea there are some art galleries in town. I'll wander around, pretend to understand abstract art, and maybe buy something small and quirky to remember the trip by. (More likely, I'll be secretly judging the prices.)
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch (Hopefully Not Another Seafood Disaster): I'm open to suggestions, but I have a slight internal trauma when it comes to fish. Sushi is not on the menu, I'm afraid. So, a good sandwich, a hearty salad, or maybe a place with killer tacos.
  • 2:00 PM - More exploring (and the likely discovery of a hidden gem): I will wander… and hope I stumble upon some local magic. A cute bakery, a quirky antique shop, a hidden park - whatever Edmonds has to offer.
  • 4:00 PM - Back to the Inn (for Mandatory Relaxation and Journaling): Time to recharge. Read a book, journal, or just stare out the window and let my mind wander. This is a key part of "vacation" for me. (Also, nap time.)
  • 6:30 PM - Dinner at… Where? (aka, the "I'll-Decide-Later" Time of Day): Maybe I'll try that Italian place that everyone raves about. Or perhaps grab something completely out of the blue. (I'm trying to be spontaneous, people!)
  • 8:00 PM - Another Beach Walk (or, More Likely, More Netflix): Repeat of Day 1. The beach is tempting, the couch is calling - it's a battle of wills.

Day 3: Departure (and the Post-Vacation Hangover Begins)

  • 8:00 AM - Last Breakfast (and an Attempt to Pack Like a Pro): Try to eat something before the airport. I will inevitably attempt to pack everything I own.
  • 9:00 AM - The Quick Pre-Departure Stroll (for any last minute souvenirs): One last dash downtown, just in case I missed something.
  • 10:00 AM - Check Out and Say Goodbye (or see ya’ later): Time to head to the airport and face reality.
  • 11:00 AM - Airport Time: The end is Nigh.
  • 1:00 PM - Head Home This is where the fun ends.

Ramblings and Imperfections:

  • The Weather Factor: Let's be honest, it's Washington. Rain is practically guaranteed. I'm packing for sun, rain, and the possibility of a hurricane.
  • My Impatience: I am a notoriously impatient person. I have to remind myself to slow down. I'm likely to rush through things and miss out on the good stuff.
  • The Unexpected Detours: I fully expect to get sidetracked. I'm always up for a spontaneous adventure. My itinerary is more like a suggestion, a guideline, a whisper of an idea.
  • The Emotional Rollercoaster: This trip will probably involve moments of pure joy, frustration, and maybe a few tears. It's all part of the experience!
  • The Food Fiascos: I will undoubtedly overeat. I will probably eat something that doesn't agree with me. But hey, it's vacation!

Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:

  • The seagulls: They're probably going to try to steal my food. They're probably going to be annoying. I will secretly find them charming.
  • The Ferry experience (or not): If I go on the ferry I hope I don’t get seasick (I always do).
  • The hotel art: What will the art be like at the Inn? I am very picky.
  • The sunset: I’m going to try to be present and mindful. But I will also take a LOT of photos.

The Honest Truth:

Sheraton Saskatoon: Unbeatable Deals & Luxurious Stays (SK, Canada)

Book Now

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Edmonds Harbor Inn: Your Waterfront Paradise Awaits! ...Maybe. Let's See...

Okay, 'Waterfront Paradise' eh? What's the REAL deal with the view?

Alright, ‘paradise’ might be a *slight* exaggeration. Look, the water *is* right there. Seriously, walk out your door, take a few steps, and BAM! Puget Sound. Spectacular on a clear day, like, breathtaking. You can see the Olympic Mountains, and the ferries pulling up and down--a constant parade of ships and boats. The sunsets? Often stunning. Sometimes, though... it's grey. Like, Seattle grey. You get that constant misty drizzle, and you're staring at a sheet of water, wondering if there's even land on the other side. And that fog horn? Yeah, it's romantic the first few times. After the third night? You start plotting ways to silence the beast. (Don't do that, it's illegal.)

Is it *clean*? Like, genuinely clean? I'm talking about the *rooms*.

Good question! Look, I'm a brutally honest person, and I need clean! Remember that phrase, "relatively clean"? Well, that's what I'd apply here. I remember one time, I was totally digging the view and the location, and then I went into the bathroom...and I'm just going to say, "someone should have picked up a dropped toothbrush"...and there were a lot of dropped toothbrushes in that particular place. That made me feel a little sick, and I would have been happier had I brought my own toothbrush. The staff are nice, but the cleaning quality fluctuates. Sometimes stellar, sometimes..."meh." The sheets always seemed fine, though. I swear, the sheets are always good. But the bathrooms? Depends on your luck.

Breakfast? Tell me about the breakfast! Free breakfast? Or just a sad croissant?

Oh, the breakfast. *Deep breath*. They *say* breakfast. Sometimes. Okay, so the breakfast situation... it's more of a... *continental suggestion*. Think: stale pastries (sometimes), pre-packaged muffins (often), and maybe, just maybe, some instant oatmeal. Coffee's always available, which is a good thing. The coffee is strong and hot, which is a must for me in a hotel. They do have fruit sometimes, but I’ve never seen any actual yogurt. It's not going to fuel your Everest climb. If you're looking for a hearty breakfast, hit up a diner in town. It's always better than what you will find at the Edmonds Harbor Inn

Wi-Fi. Is it decent? Because I *need* Wi-Fi. Work, social media, the whole nine yards…

Ugh, Wi-Fi. It’s a common pitfall. In my experience, the Wi-Fi is… well, let's say it's "serviceable." Don't expect blazing speeds. You might be able to stream Netflix, but don't bet the farm on it. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes... you're staring at the little loading circle, praying to the internet gods. I remember a time I *needed* to make a video call for work. Big deadline pressure. The Wi-Fi decided to take a nap. A very, very long nap. The call dropped three times. I was sweating, cursing under my breath, and I am sure that my colleagues thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth. So, pack your patience, and maybe a portable hotspot, just in case. (Trust me on this one!).

What's the parking like? Because I'm picturing a tiny, cramped lot.

Okay, parking. It's not *awful*, but it's definitely not spacious. There are spots, but they're sometimes...at a premium. Especially if you arrive late at night. You can get lucky and find a spot right in front, which is fantastic. Or you might be circling, hoping a car magically vanishes. Be prepared to walk a bit sometimes. I wouldn't say it's a major dealbreaker, but it's something to consider. Think of it as an opportunity to get your steps in. The parking is always a gamble and something I would be planning for.

I heard the staff are friendly. Is that true? I'm also a people person.

Yes! The staff are generally quite nice! I've always found them to be helpful and friendly. They seem genuinely invested in making sure you have a good stay! They really help you, but they won't do the cleaning... (but they will get you extra towels and maybe extra coffee packets). It's a small hotel, so it has a more personal feel than a massive chain. They truly make Edmonds Harbor Inn a place of wonder and beauty.

Is it noisy at night? I'm a light sleeper…and I hate night noises.

Ah, noise. This is where things get a bit tricky. You've got the potential for several noise sources. First, traffic. It's close to the road. That's something that happened to me, I wanted to book a waterfront room, and the rooms are all in the front, so I couldn't get one. Then, the ferries. They're a constant presence, honking and rumbling (and foghorns, oh the foghorns), but the good news is that the ferries stop running late at night normally, so it won't happen at 3 AM. And then, there's the possibility of…neighborly noise. Thin walls can be the bane of a light sleeper! Bring earplugs. Seriously. Pack the earplugs. And maybe a white noise machine.

Would you stay there again? Okay, be honest.

That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? *pauses and thinks hard*. Look, it's all about your expectations. It's not flawless. It's got its quirks. But the location, genuinely... the location is fantastic. You walk out the door, and you're *there*. Right on the water. That's a huge draw. The staff are great, and the town of Edmonds is charming. If I'm going for a quick getaway where theBook Hotels Now

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn Edmonds (WA) United States