Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits!

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits! - A Review So Honest, It's Practically Therapy.

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your average, bland hotel review. This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, about my recent stay at "Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits!" Let's dive in, shall we? Because, let's be honest, sometimes you need a vacation, a break from… life. And this place? Well, it tries. It really tries.

First Impressions and the Great Accessibility Debate

Finding the place already felt like an adventure. GPS woes, desert heat, and me – a recipe for disaster. I finally limped in, ready to crash. Now, accessibility is a huge deal, and I’m pleased to report (mostly) good news. They've got an elevator – YES! Crucial. Ramps were present, and generally getting around seemed… doable. Wheelchair accessibility is a core focus. While they've got facilities FOR disabled guests and a bunch of facilities with a focus on this, the rooms may vary, so always, always CALL AHEAD and verify. Don't just assume. Lesson learned, friends.

Rooms: My Sanctuary (with a Few Quirks)

Speaking of rooms… My room? Alright, let's be real: it wasn't the Ritz, but it was clean, which is a huge win in my book. The Air Conditioning was a godsend. Seriously considering a shrine dedicated to the AC unit. I also loved the fact they had Blackout curtains because the desert sun can be brutal, and honestly, sometimes I just want to sleep till noon. I had a Coffee/tea maker, a Refrigerator, and a Free Wi-Fi so, pretty much all my needs were met. And oh my god the Extra Long Bed. I did a starfish on that bed. Fantastic.

Now, for the quirks. The TV was a bit on the small side, and the Satellite/cable channels selection left something to be desired. It wasn’t a huge deal. But the Bathroom Phone? Who uses a bathroom phone anymore? I felt like I was on a vintage spy movie set. And the Mirror was slightly too tiny. But, these details don't make or break the trip.

Cleanliness and Safety in a Post-Apocalyptic World

They're taking Cleanliness and safety VERY seriously, which is comforting. Lots of Hand sanitizer stations. The Rooms sanitized between stays is a good sign. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff is Staff trained in safety protocol. all make you feel safer. I even saw staff sterilizing equipment - a little intense but definitely reassuring. I loved the Room sanitization opt-out available. The Cashless payment service was appreciated. They have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, and all this is important.

However, the Safe dining setup felt a little… rigid. Lots of plastic. But I would rather have safe than not.

The Oasis Within: Spa, Pool, and Relaxation (or the Attempt Thereof)

Alright, this is where Desert Winds tries to live up to the "Paradise" part. The Swimming pool [outdoor]? Gorgeous. Pool with view? Absolutely. Finding a poolside lounger wasn't impossible. Sauna? Yes. Steamroom? Yes. Spa? Yes. Massage? Double yes!

And here's the thing… the massage was the highlight of my stay. I opted for the deep tissue. I had a therapist, I can't remember her name. But gosh, she was a miracle worker. Seriously, I walked in with a back that felt like a twisted pretzel and walked out feeling like I could probably win a marathon. It was that good. I may or may not have fallen asleep mid-massage. Don't judge. Worth. Every. Penny. I'd go back just for that.

The Fitness center, however… hmm. Let's just say it was functional. A few treadmills, some weights, and a lot of desert dust. It got the job done, but don't expect a state-of-the-art gym. Foot bath? Nope. And the Body scrub and Body wrap? I didn't try those. Maybe another time.

Food, Glorious Food (Mostly Good, Sometimes Very Good)

Right, let's talk about fuel. The Breakfast [buffet] was… okay. Western breakfast was standard. They had an Asian breakfast, which was a plus for anyone who likes a bit of spice in the morning. The Coffee shop was decent. The Restaurants in the hotel were actually a pretty good experience. The Buffet in restaurant was good, but I preferred the A la carte in restaurant. The Desserts in restaurant were a treat. I'm a massive fan of the Salad in restaurant. The Snack bar was perfect for a quick bite. Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver.

And the Poolside bar was pure relaxation. The Happy hour was a definite bonus.

Now, the Asian cuisine in restaurant was surprisingly good. I'm not kidding. Best Asian food I've had in months.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

They do a good job with the Services and conveniences. The Air conditioning in public area was a MUST. Cash withdrawal was helpful. The Concierge was friendly and helpful. Daily housekeeping was consistent. Dry cleaning and Laundry service were available. There's a Convenience store onsite. The Elevator (again, a godsend!). They also have Facilities for disabled guests.

For the Kids

This place seemed pretty family-friendly. They have Family/child friendly spaces.

Getting Around: A Car is a Must

Okay, the Car park [free of charge] is a big win. But you simply must have a car here. This is not a walkable location, people. Airport transfer? They mention it. Taxi service? Available, but plan ahead.

Things to Do (Beyond the Pool and Massage)

Honestly, the hotel is a good starting point. They have some Audio-visual equipment for special events and are able to host Outdoor venue for special events. They have a Shrine which is pretty cool, and they provide Food delivery.

The Bottom Line

“Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits!” is a solid choice for a relaxing getaway. The staff is friendly, the massage is amazing, the pool is beautiful.

The Offer (Because You Deserve a Break)

Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds Awaits! now and get:

  • 15% off your room rate! (Use code VACAYNOW at checkout!)
  • A complimentary massage (30 minutes) to melt away your stress! (Just show this review at check-in!)
  • Free Breakfast Buffet for all guests! (Because who wants to cook on vacation?)
  • Early Check-in and Late check out. (If your room is available of course)

BUT HURRY! This offer is only valid for bookings made in the next [Insert Timeframe]! Don't miss your chance to escape to paradise!

Luxury Redefined: Uncover the Hidden Gem of Foshan at InterContinental Foshan

Book Now

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause you're about to get the unvarnished truth about my Mojave adventure. Best Western Desert Winds, here we come! And let me tell you, it was less "desert bloom" and more "slightly dusty disappointment" at first… but hey, that's life, right? Let's dive into this glorious mess:

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of a Flat Bed

  • 1:00 PM: Landed in Vegas (ugh, Vegas). Quick connecting flight to… somewhere. The actual airport was… well, it had that distinct airport smell. You know the one. A heady mix of stale coffee and desperation.
  • 2:30 PM: Rental car pickup. (A beige sedan. Of course.) Dealing with rental car companies is like wading through molasses – slow, sticky, and leaves you feeling slightly unclean. The guy at the counter was cheerfully robotic. Did he enjoy this? I hope not.
  • 4:00 PM: Arrived. Best Western Desert Winds. Exterior: promising. Interior: slightly less so. The lobby had that classic "chain hotel" feel – clean, brightly lit, and devoid of personality. I checked in, grabbed my key card (which I promptly almost lost), and headed to the room.
  • 4:30 PM: Holy. Smokes. My room… the bed was… well, it was… flat. Like, pancake flat. And not a good pancake, like a fluffy Sunday morning kind. More like a week-old, squished, highway-side pancake. I spent a solid ten minutes staring at it, letting the existential dread of a flat hotel bed wash over me. Is this what my life has become? A connoisseur of lumpy mattresses?
  • 5:00 PM: Decided to go for a walk to shake off the bed-induced despair (and the lingering airport vibes). The air was dry, and the sun was beginning its slow descent. The wind whispered through the Joshua Trees and the whole scene was breathtaking. I was instantly glad I was away from the city.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at… well, "nearby." It was… what was that phrase? "A culinary experience"? More like a "meal-adjacent experience” at a diner. The burger tasted like it had seen better days. I needed a drink. Or three.
  • 7:30 PM: Back at the hotel. The parking lot lights transformed everything into a weird, washed out, movie set. Stood and watched the desert night get hold.
  • 8:00 PM: Attempted to watch TV, got overwhelmed by the channel choices, gave up.
  • 8:30 PM: Gave the bed another go. Sigh. Still flat. Ordered a coffee.

Day 2: Desert Dawn, Deluge of Delight (and a Whole Lot of Dust)

  • 6:00 AM: Woke up, saw the sunrise. It was gorgeous. The desert colors – pinks, oranges, purples – were absolutely stunning. Makes that flat bed almost forgivable. Almost.
  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. The "complimentary breakfast" at Best Westerns is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Eggs? Pre-fab. Sausage? A culinary crime against nature. Coffee? Drinkable. Ate it anyway.
  • 8:00 AM: DECIDED to visit… The Mojave National Preserve. That’s where the fun was at. (I was really hoping I could leave the hotel, but I still didn't know where it was.)
  • 8:30 AM: Loaded the car, and turned on the maps.
  • 9:00 AM: Driving down the road, on my way to The Mojave National Preserve. And that's when I saw it. The MOST majestic Joshua tree. Massive. Twisted. Lit by the golden morning light. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I pulled over, took a hundred pictures. Just stood there in awe. Forget the flat bed, forget the greasy burger. This was what I came for. That single tree was worth the trip, the flat bed, and my existential dread, all rolled up into one perfect desert vista.
  • 9:30 AM: Oh God. More dust. Everything was dusty. I realized my hiking boots had become instantly brown. My hair… well, let's just say a desert wind-blown look is not my forte.
  • 10:00 AM: Hike. The hike was… tough. The sun was already blazing, and the terrain was unforgiving AND I was really really glad that I had bought that camelbak. Water. Seriously. Water is the key.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Back at the car. A ham sandwich, which I promptly dropped in the sand. Ate it anyway. Hunger is a powerful motivator.
  • 1:00 PM: Explored Kelso Depot. What a place. It felt like stepping back in time. I spent an hour wandering around, imagining the trains hurtling through the desert, the people waiting for their next destination.
  • 2:00 PM: Another hike. (I know, I know. But the desert has a way of getting under your skin.) This one was shorter.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel (for a shower. Needed.)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the same diner. But this time, I ordered a salad. (Visions of desert insects dancing in my head… I'd had enough dust.)
  • 7:00 PM: The sun set again. It was even more beautiful, this time. I went back to the Joshua tree. Still there. Still majestic. Still… worth it.

Day 3: Departure…and Lingering Dust Bunnies

  • 6:00 AM: Sunrise, repeat. (I'm starting to think this whole "desert" thing is just a cleverly disguised addiction. Sunrise junkie, that's me.)
  • 7:00 AM: Back to the complimentary breakfast. The eggs were still sad. But, the coffee… still drinkable.
  • 8:00 AM: Packed up.
  • 8:30 AM: Found a dust bunny the size of a cat under the bed. (The flat bed. Always the flat bed.)
  • 9:00 AM: Checked out. Said goodbye to the friendly (and probably slightly bored) front desk person.
  • 9:30 AM: Started the drive home.
  • 10:00 AM: Reflected on the trip. The dust, the flat bed, the weird diner food… They faded. All that was left was the memory of the sun on the Joshua tree, the vastness of the desert, and the feeling of… peace. Yeah, maybe I did learn to love the desert winds.
  • Somewhere on the freeway: Realised I was still wearing the hiking boots. And the dust. So much dust.
  • Arrival home: So much laundry. So much sand. So…worth it.

So there you have it. A slightly messy, undeniably honest account of my trip to the Mojave. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't always pretty. But it was real. And it left a mark. And the dust lingers. Always the dust.

Leuven's BEST Budget Hotel? Ibis Budget Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Escape to Paradise: Mojave's Best Western Desert Winds - The Real Deal FAQ

Okay, so "Paradise" is a BIG word, right? What's the REAL deal with the Desert Winds?

Alright, look, "Paradise" might be a *slight* exaggeration. Let's be real. This isn't the Maldives. This is... Mojave. But you know what? For a road-trip, a quick getaway, or just needing a place to crash after a long day of dusty trails? The Desert Winds? Actually? It's pretty damn good. It's not winning any design awards, mind you. The carpet in our room? Let's just say it had seen better days. Probably been walked on by a few aliens, judging by the patterns. But hey! It was clean *enough*. And the AC? Sweet Jesus, the AC worked. That's a win in the Mojave! Think of it as... a solid, reliable friend. Not a showstopper, but definitely someone you'd call when you needed a hand. And let's be honest, after a day wrestling with the desert heat? You *need* a friend.

The pool... is it actually swimmable? Or more of a "green puddle of despair"?

Oh, the pool! Okay, look, I've seen worse. I've swum in worse. It's not Olympic-sized, that's for sure. And the tiles... well, some of them *might* be missing. Okay, a LOT of them might be missing. But the water was *remarkably* clear. I swear I saw a lizard do a cannonball off the side. True story! (Maybe. I was dehydrated, okay?) And the sun loungers? Let's just say they've also seen some mileage. But they're there! And after a long day of driving, sunbathing, or even just staring aimlessly at the vast emptiness of the desert, that pool is a godsend. It's not a five-star spa experience, it's more like a refreshing dip in a slightly-cracked-tile-filled oasis. But hey, who are we kidding? We're tired, we're hot, and we need to cool off. And the pool does that. So, yes. Swimmable. Definitely swimmable.

Breakfast? Is it the sad continental kind? Or *anything* remotely edible?

Okay, breakfast. Ah, breakfast. *Deep breath*. Let's just say... manage your expectations. It's not a Michelin-starred brunch, okay? It's the classic Best Western continental thing. Think sugary cereal, pre-packaged muffins (which, let's be honest, usually taste like vaguely flavored sponge), instant coffee that might or might not wake you up, and those little plastic-wrapped orange slices that feel like they’ve been sitting in a fridge since the Cretaceous period. But! And this is a BIG but, there's usually a waffle maker. And oh, sweet baby Jesus, that waffle maker is your savior. Because on a good day, with enough butter and syrup, that slightly-burnt, questionably-shaped waffle? Is absolutely glorious. It's the taste of freedom. The moment you realize, "Hey, I'm on vacation! I can eat a waffle for breakfast, damn it!" Just... avoid the coffee. Seriously. It's... an experience.

The front desk people... are they friendly? Or the kind who seem like they'd rather be anywhere else?

Okay, the front desk... This is where it gets interesting. Sometimes, you get the superstar. The one who greets you with a smile, asks about your day, and offers advice on the best local diner. She might even have a stash of extra snacks or toiletries behind the desk! And you think, "Wow, this is great! I'm genuinely welcomed here!" And then... there are the other times. The times you meet someone who looks like they haven't slept in days, who's seen a thousand more sunrises than you, and who is *clearly* questioning every life choice that led them to this particular moment in front of you. They'll grunt a greeting, hand you your key, and then promptly disappear into their phone. It depends. It's a gamble. But hey, at least they're there! And they usually get the job done. Just don't expect a ton of small talk.

Is there Wi-Fi? Because, you know, gotta stay connected to reality... kinda.

Oh, Wi-Fi. The ever-present question of the modern traveler! Yes, there *is* Wi-Fi. Kind of. Look, it's not exactly lightning-fast. Think of it as... a dial-up modem in the age of fiber optics. You might be able to load a Google search. Maybe. You might manage to send a text. Probably not with any pictures. Streaming? Forget about it. Uploading that amazing photo of the desert sunset you just took is going to take all night. But it's *there*. And in this day and age, having a Wi-Fi connection, even a slow one, is *something*. It's enough to check emails, update your Instagram (with some patience!), and maybe, just maybe, download a new audiobook for the road. So, yeah. Wi-Fi. Just... don't expect miracles.

What's the deal with the vending machines? Overpriced, rusty, and filled with disappointment?

Ah, the vending machines. Ah, the siren song of late-night cravings and utter despair. Okay, buckle up. The vending machines are a mixed bag. The good news? They *exist*. The bad news? Oh, where do I start? They usually have a decent selection of sugary drinks and chips. Sometimes, you get lucky and there's something *almost* healthy in there, like a sad little bag of trail mix. But the prices? Outrageous. Like, highway robbery outrageous. You will pay for the convenience, my friend. You *will*. And then there's the reliability. The machine might eat your dollar. It might dispense your snack *upside down*. It might just... stare at you blankly, daring you to try again. I once put a five-dollar bill in and got *nothing*. Not even a twitch. I swore I could hear it laughing at me! And the selection? Always the same boring stuff. So, my advice? Bring your own snacks. Or be prepared to gamble with the overpriced, glitchy, and frequently disappointing vending machine. It's up to you. But I'm just saying... pack some granola bars. Trust me on this one.

Proximity to... things? Is there anything actually *near* the Desert Winds, besides more desert?

Okay, location. This is Mojave, people. So, yes, mostly desert. But! There are some redeeming qualities to the Desert Winds' location! You're definitely close to the highway. Which is both a blessing and a curse. Good for getting in and out, bad for noise (especially if you’re in a room near the road). There's a gas station practically next door, which is super handy for that urgent late-night ice cream craving. And a few fast-food placesHotel Search Trek

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States

Best Western Desert Winds Mojave (CA) United States