Roswell's Hidden Gem: El Rancho Palacio's Unexpected Luxury!

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Roswell's Hidden Gem: El Rancho Palacio's Unexpected Luxury!

Roswell's Hidden Gem: El Rancho Palacio's Unexpected Luxury! - A Review That's More Human Than Robot

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans (and maybe some coffee) on El Rancho Palacio in Roswell. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews – this is the real deal. I'm talking honest-to-goodness, warts-and-all, "did I even pack the right shoes?" kind of review. This place… well, it surprised me. I went in expecting, you know, Roswell. Aliens. Maybe a slightly dusty motel room. I left feeling… pampered. Seriously!

Accessibility & Being a Regular Human (and a little clumsy)

Right off the bat, let's address the elephant in the room – accessibility. El Rancho Palacio gets it. Wheelchair accessible? Yes. Elevator? Yep. See, I appreciate that because as much as I TRY to be coordinated, I'm about one rogue pebble away from a faceplant. The fact that I could navigate the hotel without fear of becoming one with the carpet tiles was a huge win. They even have facilities for disabled guests, which is a thoughtful touch that I, the uncoordinated, greatly appreciated.

Gettin' Connected (and Not Losing My Sanity)

Now, internet. Vital, right? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! HUGE. Because let's be real, social media waits for NO ONE. And you know, gotta check those emails… But also, internet access [LAN] which is great for us Luddites who like a wired connection. Internet services – they have it all, and I didn't have any annoying drop-outs. I actually managed to do some work! (Okay, mostly social media. But STILL!). The whole internet experience was pretty smooth. Speaking of internet, they also have Wi-Fi in public areas, so I could even browse while waiting for my (delicious!) coffee.

Cleanliness and Safety: Because the Apocalypse is Everywhere

With the current climate, this is top of mind. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Triple check! I'm not going to lie; I was a little paranoid at first. But they've gone the extra mile. Hand sanitizer was EVERYWHERE. Staff trained in safety protocol? Yep. They even had room sanitization opt-out available, which made me feel like they were truly respecting my comfort level. The whole experience gave me a sense of security. They even had stuff like safe dining setup and sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Felt way safer than my own kitchen, honestly.

Room for Relaxation: Because We All Need a Break

Okay, let's get to the good stuff: the pampering. They've got a pool with a view! It wasn't the biggest pool I've ever seen, but the view was actually kind of stunning, especially at sunset. The pool felt clean and inviting. I'm not a huge spa person, but the spa/sauna were nice. And they had a gym/fitness center (which I, ahem, visited) so you don't lose your sanity. They had a steam room, which was heaven after a long day. I'm not even going to pretend I used the body scrub or body wrap, but knowing it was there was a plus. They also had a massage, because, well, who doesn't need a massage?

Food, Glorious Food! (and the Coffee Was Surprisingly Good)

The dining experience was… unexpectedly amazing. Let's start with the coffee. Seriously, I'm a coffee snob, and their coffee was actually drinkable! They had a coffee shop and the coffee/tea in restaurant was on point. They have a restaurant with buffet in restaurant and with a la carte in restaurant. I didn't have the breakfast buffet (Breakfast [buffet] and breakfast service), but it looked pretty tempting. The food itself was solid! I especially loved the salad in restaurant. They even had Asian cuisine in restaurant if you're feeling adventurous. They have a bar and poolside bar. The desserts in restaurant were absolutely to die for. And the best news of all: room service [24-hour]. Perfect for those late-night snack attacks (or those days when I just plain don't want to put on pants). They also have a snack bar if you're on the go.

The Little Things: The Devil's in the Details (and the Staff, Honestly)

This is where El Rancho Palacio really shines: the service. The Concierge was brilliant, point me in the right direction. Small things like daily housekeeping and complimentary tea in the room, that made a difference. If you want a bottle of water you can get one. Laundry service and dry cleaning were available, which was clutch. The Staff trained in safety protocol was really evident, and everybody was super friendly. The Cashless payment service was a welcome bonus.

My Room: A Sanctuary (and a Place to Hide from the World)

Okay, the rooms. My room had air conditioning, thank God. I need my AC. The in-room safe box and safety/security feature were reassuring. I loved my blackout curtains because, let's be honest, I'm a vampire in a past life. They let the daylight in. I loved the alarm clock because, while I usually set up to six of them. The bathrobes were super comfy. They have the additional toilet for convenience The complimentary tea was a nice touch. The desk was perfect for catching up on some work. The hair dryer came in handy. The in-room safe box. The linens, were so soft and clean. My room had non-smoking (thank God!) and there was soundproofing! I loved the mirror. The private bathroom was spacious and clean. They had slippers, and they had towels. They made a big difference.

Things to Do (Beyond Alien Hunting)

Look, I'm not here to tell you what to do in Roswell. That's on you and your alien obsessions. But, that fact that there were meetings and seminars made me feel like maybe I could host a workshop there. It was a nice location.

The Offer: Your Escape to Unexpected Luxury!

So, here's the deal. Forget those run-of-the-mill hotels. El Rancho Palacio is Roswell's secret weapon. It's got everything you need for a relaxing (or adventurous, if that's your thing) getaway.

I spent the day in the swimming pool [outdoor] which was a highlight.

They even have a little gift/souvenir shop.

Here's what you get when you book now (because I'm telling you the best time is NOW!):

  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected without the hassle.
  • Luxurious Room: Get pampered with all the amenities.
  • Access to Spa and Pool: Relax, unwind, and forget your worries.
  • Impeccable Service: The staff is there to meet your needs.
  • Delicious Dining Options: From coffee to cocktails, you'll be satisfied.

Stop pondering. Book your stay at El Rancho Palacio today. It's truly an unexpectedly luxurious experience, and you deserve it. You'll be saying, "El Rancho Palacio? More like El Absolutely-Fantastic-o!"

Kyoto's Hidden Gem: Rinn Kiyomizu Gojo Machiya - You HAVE to See This!

Book Now

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my (slightly chaotic) adventure at the Best Western El Rancho Palacio in Roswell, New Mexico. Forget those pristine, perfectly curated travel blogs. This is the real deal, warts and all. Prepare for a rollercoaster of excitement, slight disappointment, and a whole lotta “wtf-is-going-on?"

Day 1: Arrival and Alien Angst (and a Pizza Emergency)

  • 1:00 PM - Land of the Strange (aka Roswell): Okay, so my flight was delayed. Surprise, surprise. Southwest, you beautiful masochists. But finally, I’m here! Roswell. The alien epicenter. The air… well, it smells like dusty desert and the faint promise of extraterrestrial secrets. The drive from the airport (which is basically a large shed, let’s be honest) was uneventful, except for the giant "Welcome Aliens" sign. Already feeling the pressure.

  • 2:00 PM - Check-in at El Rancho Palacio: The Good, the Bad, and the Questionable: This place… it’s got character. Let's call it that. The lobby is kind of a glorious mishmash of Southwestern kitsch. Think turquoise everything, vaguely Native American art (I hope it’s respectful!), and a pervasive scent of… well, I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe a combination of old leather and slightly over-chlorinated pool water? Anyway, the lady at the front desk was super sweet, and I’m giving her extra points for her charmingly weary smile. Check-in smooth. Room… well, it's clean, which is the most important thing. There's a faint echo of the 80s here, but who doesn’t love a bit of nostalgia?

  • 2:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance: The room. My cozy little alien-hunting lair. It's big! Maybe too big for a solo traveler? The bed is comfy, but the TV remote… let’s just say it’s seen better days. And the bathroom… the water pressure is… optimistic. But hey, it's all part of the adventure, right? Time to unpack and… ah, crap. Forgot my charger. Note to self: Roswell’s charm can’t replace a goddamn phone battery.

  • 3:00 PM - Pizza Panic! Okay, this is a crisis. I'm starving, and my phone's about to die. Where does a solo traveler in a strange town turn in a moment of crisis? Pizza! I called the front desk and confirmed there was a pizza place that delivered and that they do not know how to spell a single pizza topping. I get a peporoni pizza with no cheese.

  • 4:00 PM - Alien Encounter(ish) - The International UFO Museum and Research Center: This place is the reason I’m here. And… it’s kind of amazing. And kind of… overwhelming. The exhibits range from genuinely interesting (government documents, witness testimonies) to… let's just say, enthusiastic interpretations of alien anatomy. I spent a solid hour staring at a diorama of the alleged crash site and trying to decide if I believed any of it. Verdict: I have no idea, but I'm having a blast! I also bought a t-shirt that says, "I Believe (In Free Pizza)."

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Downer: The pizza was terrible. I'm going to be honest with you. The crust was, like, cardboard. And the toppings… let’s just say a slice of cheese was the only thing I could stomach. I considered ordering a second pizza, but the thought of wasting more money on sub-par dough made my stomach churn slightly.

  • 7:00 PM - Room Rant: Back in the room with a bag of chips to fight the hunger the pizza has created. I opened the window and stared at the motel's pool: empty, dark, and slightly ominous.

  • 8:00 PM - Bed and alien documentaries.

Day 2: Desert Dreams and Dairy Debacles (a Whole Lotta Food Disasters)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Blues: The hotel breakfast is complimentary, which is great. Except for the eggs. They were… well, they resembled rubber bouncy balls more than actual food. The coffee was strong, though. I think it needed a little bit of something.

  • 9:00 AM - Chasing the Shadows (and the Sun) - Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge: I got directions from the front desk. I found a map, and I am on my way. It's beautiful out here. And quiet! The desert landscape is vast and unforgiving, but also… breathtaking. The birds, the silence… I stood there for a while, trying not to dwell on the fact that I was alone in the middle of the desert, with a questionable sense of direction.

  • 10:00 AM - Roswell's True Identity? Dairy Queen. The park was great, but I am a simple person, I need ice cream. So yes, to Dairy Queen I shall go. I love Dairy Queen. But I had to get gas before I got ice cream. And yes, a little bit of gas went down the ice cream and that made me sad.

  • 11:00 AM - Alien Hunting, Again! - Roswell Spacewalk: This place is the epitome of Roswell kitsch. You put on a spacesuit and take pictures of aliens. I was in awe of the aliens, and it was super cute.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch Lament: I thought I'd try a local spot called "Alien Zone Diner," which was… something. The food was better than the last two meals, I will give them that. It feels like it wasn't made with a microwave, and that's all I wanted.

  • 2:00 PM - The Roswell Incident Debrief: My head hurts from aliens. I am going to go back to the room.

  • 3:00 PM - Swimming Pool Fiasco: Okay, the pool… it looked inviting. It wasn’t. It was freezing and I was in and out in 30 seconds.

  • 6:00 PM - Pizza! Take 2?: Another pizza, another disaster. The pizza was worse this time. The crust was so incredibly hard that I had to throw it away.

  • 7:00 PM - The Roswell Lights: I ended up watching a movie and calling it a night.

Day 3: Departure and Deep Reflections (with a Side of Self-Doubt)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast… Again: I'm starting to think I'm cursed when it comes to breakfast. I tried to make myself some toast, but the toaster was on the fritz.

  • 9:00 AM - Final Alien Fling – The Gift Shop Gauntlet: I bought a ton of souvenirs. Alien keychains, mugs, and a "Roswell: Where Aliens Crash Landed" t-shirt because, hey, why not? I'm probably going to regret it, but whatever.

  • 10:00 AM - Check-Out Chaos: The check-out was as smooth as a freshly paved highway. The lady at the front desk was still sweet. I asked her where the best pizza was, but she didn't have an answer.

  • 11:00 AM - Farewell Roswell: As I drove away, I looked back at the giant alien statue in front of the hotel. I have no idea if I truly "believed" in aliens before, but I definitely believe in the power of a good story. And the power of… well, maybe needing a better food guide.

  • 12:00 PM - The drive back. I've got some thinking to do. The best things about Roswell? The International UFO Museum, Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge, and the general sense of weird, wonderful, and I will not forget the fact that I've eaten some of the worst pizzas ever.

So, there you have it. My Roswell adventure in all its glory. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I'm bringing my own pizza. And maybe a translator for the hotel's appliances.

Bowie's BEST Kept Secret: Unbeatable Deals at Western Bowie Inn & Suites!

Book Now

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

El Rancho Palacio: Roswell's Surprisingly Swanky Stay - FAQ (and Rants!)

Okay, seriously, what *is* El Rancho Palacio? I thought Roswell was all aliens and gift shops...

Alright, look. Roswell. Aliens. We get it. But El Rancho Palacio? It's...well, it's a curveball. Think – and this is a loose analogy, mind you – a luxury hotel that accidentally wandered into the heart of a UFO convention. It's not, like, a chain hotel trying to hide its secrets; it feels like a family, with a lot of quirks. And I *love* it. I went there expecting, honestly, to be disappointed. Roswell, right? But then... the lobby. Seriously, the lobby! I'm a sucker for good design, and it was gorgeous, like walking into a Santa Fe art gallery. I swear, I spent a good fifteen minutes just staring at the ceiling. Totally unexpected. Totally threw me for a loop.

Is it really *luxurious* luxurious? Because I’ve been burned before...

Okay, let's get real. "Luxurious" is subjective. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, okay? But for Roswell? Absolutely. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy (I slept like the dead!), and the bathrooms? Surprisingly fancy. They have these huge fluffy towels... I seriously considered stealing one. Don't tell anyone! Now, there was a tiny, *tiny* issue with the shower pressure one morning. Like, a drizzle. But the front desk was on it immediately. Fixed in minutes. See? Family vibe. You're not just a room number; they actually care. That kind of dedication is what elevates 'good' to *surprising*. It even reminded me about my own home's plumbing - good to know it doesn't happen only to me.

What about the food? I'm picturing bland hotel breakfast...

Oh, the food! Listen, I'm a food snob, and even *I* was impressed. They have a restaurant, and, honestly, the green chile cheeseburger was a religious experience. Best I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of green chile cheeseburgers. Breakfast? They have a buffet, and yeah, some of it's the standard stuff, but the fresh fruit was amazing, and the coffee was surprisingly good. Again. Not the kind of coffee that tastes like dishwater. No, no. This was *good* coffee. Real coffee. Okay, okay, I *might* have gone back for seconds (and thirds) on the bacon one morning. Judge me. I don't care.

Is it all just… nice? Or is there something… Roswell-y about it?

Ah, *now* we're talking. Yes! There's a subtle, charming nod to the whole alien thing. Not in a cheesy, over-the-top way, mind you. Think tasteful art, strategically placed alien-themed decor (but classy, not kitschy), and the occasional "Welcome to Roswell" sign with a little spaceship graphic. No big green aliens jumping out at you from the concierge desk, thankfully. The real Roswell-y experience came from the people you meet. The guests, the staff, everyone seemed to embrace the weirdness. You’re in Roswell, after all. Embrace it!

Okay, fine. But the pool? Tell me about the pool!

The pool... Okay. This is where the imperfections come in. The pool is nice. It's not huge, and it's outdoors. It's a nice place. I had a lovely time there. And I am sure that you will too. But... one afternoon, there was a slight issue with the pool music. I'm talking, like, polka versions of 80s pop songs. Polka *versions*! *shudders*. I’m not sure what was happening, but the staff fixed it quickly. The next day, the playlist was normal. It was weirdly charming in hindsight.

Seriously, give me the one thing that completely surprised you about El Rancho Palacio.

Okay, buckle up. My one big surprise? The *feeling* of it. I know, I sound like a cheesy travel blogger, but seriously, it felt like a little oasis. After a day of alien hunting and gift-shop browsing (yes, I did it), it was like coming home. Honestly, I felt more relaxed there than I do at my own house. It might be the green chile. Or the fluffy towels. Or the lack of emails on the TV. Whatever it was, I can't wait to go back.

So, is it worth the hype?

Look, Roswell isn't Paris. You're not going to find Michelin-starred dining or a rooftop bar with a killer view. But El Rancho Palacio? It's a genuine surprise. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, surprisingly stylish, and genuinely welcoming place to stay in Roswell, absolutely. Go. And get the green chile cheeseburger. Seriously.

Budget Travel Destination

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States

Best Western El Rancho Palacio Roswell (NM) United States