GWA Hotel Taipei: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You in Taiwan!

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GWA Hotel Taipei: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You in Taiwan!

GWA Hotel Taipei: Oh My God, Luxury… and a Few Quirks! (A Messy, Honest Review for Real Travelers)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Taipei and, frankly, I'm still recovering. But in a GOOD way, because I stayed at the GWA Hotel Taipei. And let me tell you… “unbelievable luxury” is not hyperbole. This place is… well, it's a vibe. Let's dissect this thing, shall we? Because sometimes, real life isn't perfect, and that's what makes it… interesting.

First Impressions & Accessibility (The Practical Stuff, Ugh, But Important):

Finding the damn place was surprisingly easy! (Thank God, because I'm directionally challenged). Accessibility seems pretty solid, thankfully. They've got an elevator (essential!), and I saw facilities for disabled guests. However, I didn't personally test everything, so… grain of salt, people. I'd call ahead to confirm specifics if you have particular needs.

Getting Around: They have airport transfer which I HIGHLY recommend after a long flight - worth every penny. They also have car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site], which is a bonus in the city, and taxi service. I didn't see any bicycle parking, but honestly, who needs a bike when you're swimming in luxury?

Check-in/out, Safety & Security (The Stuff That Makes You Feel Safe, Which Is Nice):

Check-in was speedy enough ( Contactless check-in/out – score!). They have a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour security, which is reassuring. Plus, CCTV is everywhere. CCTV outside the property and in common areas. They also had fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and safety deposit boxes – all the essentials to make you feel like you’re not going to die in a fire or get your passport stolen. They also do room sanitization between stays, which I appreciated after the last few years.

Cleanliness & Safety (Because We’re All Hyper-Aware Now, Aren't We?):

Okay, here's where the GWA really shines. They clearly take hygiene seriously. Lots of hand sanitizer stations dotted around. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Seemed like it. They’re also all about the COVID precautions: Anti-viral cleaning products, individually-wrapped food options. They even offer a room sanitization opt-out if you're feeling bold (though, honestly, why would you?). They had to include a first aid kit, but I’m not sure I ever needed it. They also use sterilizing equipment.

The Room Itself (Where the Magic Happens… Mostly):

Let’s get real: the rooms are the star of the show. My room? Pure bliss. Let’s just list off the “Available in all rooms” checklist, shall we?

  • Air conditioning – YES, thank GOD. Taipei’s HUMID.
  • Alarm clock – useful, despite my inner clock.
  • Bathrobes – SOFT. And luxurious.
  • Bathroom phone – like, why? But okay.
  • Bathtub – YES! They make the slippers and bathrobes for it.
  • Blackout curtains – essential for sleeping off your jet lag.
  • Carpeting – plush.
  • Closet – spacious.
  • Coffee/tea maker – YES, instant coffee that was actually good.
  • Complimentary tea – Nice touch.
  • Daily housekeeping – My room was spotless.
  • Desk – functional.
  • Extra long bed – perfect for sprawling (I'm a sprawler).
  • Free bottled water – always welcome.
  • Hair dryer – powerful.
  • High floor – glorious views.
  • In-room safe box – peace of mind.
  • Internet access – LAN and Internet access – wireless and Wi-Fi [free] – perfect to binge-watch Netflix.
  • Ironing facilities – essential for looking presentable after a long flight.
  • Laptop workspace – functional.
  • Linens – luxurious. Oh they were.
  • Mini bar – stocked (though I mostly stuck to the free water).
  • Mirror – multiple.
  • Non-smoking – thank you, hotels, thank you.
  • On-demand movies – great for those insomniac nights.
  • Private bathroom – essential.
  • Reading light – good for… well, reading.
  • Refrigerator – helpful for storing snacks.
  • Safety/security feature – always appreciated.
  • Satellite/cable channels – a wide variety.
  • Scale – don’t ask.
  • Seating area – perfect for relaxing.
  • Separate shower/bathtub – again, luxurious!
  • Shower – powerful.
  • Slippers – soft.
  • Smoke detector – always a good thing.
  • Socket near the bed – smart.
  • Sofa – comfortable.
  • Soundproofing – actually worked!
  • Telephone – for ordering room service.
  • Toiletries – high-quality.
  • Towels – fluffy.
  • Umbrella – essential for Taipei’s unpredictable weather.
  • Visual alarm – (didn't need it, but good to know).
  • Wake-up service – useful for those early morning excursions.
  • Window that opens – air flow heaven – that’s a rarity in some hotels.

I mean, seriously, the room was amazing. The soundproofing was incredibly effective; I never heard a peep from the hallway. And the blackout curtains… pure, glorious darkness.

The "Stuff to Do" (Besides Lounge Around in Your Robe):

Let’s be honest, mostly I wanted to lounge around in my robe… But, when I had to be… well, social…

  • Fitness center – It looked swanky but, let’s be real, I was on vacation.
  • Gym/fitness – See above.
  • Pool with view – YES! Gorgeous, and a great place to sip cocktails.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor] – See above.
  • Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom – Also, YES. They're all connected.
  • Massage: My shoulders were screaming after lugging my suitcase around, and a massage. Heaven.
  • Body scrub and Body wrap – They have all of this.

The pool area was especially lovely, and the fact that it was an outdoor swimming pool with a view was a major bonus.

Food & Drink (Because Food Is Life):

Okay, this is a big one, because Taiwan is all about the food.

  • Restaurants – Multiple options, which is always good.
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant – obviously!
  • International cuisine in restaurant – if you're feeling homesick.
  • Vegetarian restaurant – good options for non-meat-eaters.
  • Western cuisine in restaurant – See above.
  • Breakfast [buffet] – A decent selection, though nothing mind-blowing.
  • Buffet in restaurant – See above.
  • Breakfast service – Room service!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop – essential.
  • Desserts in restaurant – YES.
  • Asian breakfast and Western breakfast – The options weren't bad. The best feature? The staff had the food prepared in room.
  • Poolside bar – perfection.
  • Bar – great for a pre-dinner cocktail.
  • Room service [24-hour] – a lifesaver at 3 AM when jet lag hits.
  • A la carte in restaurant – nice for more specific requests.
  • Alternative meal arrangement – good for dietary restrictions.
  • Bottle of water – always included.
  • Happy hour – a must.
  • Snack bar – perfect for a quick bite.
  • Soup in restaurant and Salad in restaurant – healthy options.

I had a phenomenal dinner at one of the restaurants. The service was impeccable, the food delicious. The happy hour was a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The poolside bar was a major highlight.

Services & Conveniences (The Details That Matter):

Yellowstone Adventure Starts Here: Econo Lodge Livingston - Your Gateway!

Book Now

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this itinerary ain't gonna be sunshine and roses. It's gonna be… well, it's gonna be me, in Taipei, inside the GAWA Hotel, with all the glorious chaos that entails.

GAWA Hotel Taipei: Existential Dread & Delicious Noodles (A Messy Itinerary)

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Ramen Predicament

  • 1:00 PM: Land at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). Ugh, airports. The smell of stale coffee and existential dread. But hey, Taiwan! Feeling cautiously optimistic. Grabbed a terrible airport coffee. Seriously, tasted like sadness.
  • 2:30 PM: Taxi to GAWA Hotel. Navigating Taipei traffic is an adrenaline sport. I swear, the scooters here defy physics. Arrive at GAWA. The lobby is… minimalist. Like, aggressively minimalist. Makes me feel exposed. (But the air con is a gift from the gods.)
  • 3:00 PM: Check-in. The receptionist… well, let's just say her English was as charming as a grumpy cat. Finally got to my room. Actually, it's pretty nice. Modern. Clean. A tiny window that offers a glimpse of… another building. Awesome.
  • 4:00 PM: The Quest for Ramen. Okay, this is serious. I'm on a quest for the ultimate ramen. Armed with Google Maps and a desperate hope, I stumble out of the hotel. First attempt: Closed. Second attempt: Sold out. My stomach is rumbling. My blood sugar is dropping. I'm starting to believe ramen is a myth. (Rant alert!) WHY is delicious food so hard to find?! After a solid 40 minutes of walking in the Taipei heat, I realize I didn't realize the location setting on my phone, I'm starving, grumpy, and starting to question all my life choices.
  • 5:30 PM: Victory! Found a place called "Ramen Heaven" (made that up, but you get the idea) and the Ramen was pretty good.. Not life-changing, but good. And needed. Immediately felt better.
  • 7:00 PM: Wandered around Ximending. Bright lights, loud music, teenage angst… and street food. The stinky tofu almost broke me, but the bubble tea saved me.
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Exhausted. Surfing Netflix. Another day another dollar.

Day 2: Temples, Treachery & Toilet Woes

  • 9:00 AM: Sleep in. Finally. Breakfast at the hotel is… passable. (The coffee, however, continues to be a disappointment.)
  • 10:00 AM: Longshan Temple. Wow. Absolutely breathtaking. The incense, the colours, the history… it's incredibly overwhelming. I spent a solid hour just wandering around, soaking it all in. Took some pictures, prayed for world peace, and secretly hoped I wouldn't offend anyone by being a clueless tourist.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local place near the temple. Found a restaurant. Food was pretty delicious. Ordered too much (per usual).
  • 1:30 PM: The Great Train Debacle. Decided to take the MRT (mass rapid transit) to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. Figured I'd be all organized and efficient. Didn't account for the fact that I am, in fact, not organized or efficient. Got on the wrong train. Ended up in… who knows where. Spent 40 minutes stressed and sweating.
  • 3:00 PM: Finally got to the memorial hall. Impressive. Very impressive. But, honestly… the train incident has put me in a foul mood. Everything has just been a blur.
  • 4:00 PM: The Toilet Incident. Okay, TMI warning. Needed to use the bathroom. Badly. Went into a public toilet. Let's just say, it wasn't the most pleasant experience. The cleanliness left much to be desired. I am gagging on the smell. Pray, pray, pray that I have no stomach issues.
  • 5:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Needed a long shower. A long, hot shower. And maybe some therapy.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a night market. More street food. More bubble tea. Still not completely recovered from the toilet incident.
  • 9:00 PM: Bed. Exhausted again. Still thinking about that toilet. Ugh.

Day 3: Hiking & Heavenly Dumplings (Maybe)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up. Determined to be productive. Breakfast at the hotel. Coffee still questionable.
  • 9:00 AM: Attempted to hike up Elephant Mountain. It was… steep. And hot. And I'm not in shape. Saw some amazing views of Taipei though, which made up for the near-death experience.
  • 12:00 PM: Dumpling Dreams. Went to Ding Tai Fung. Waited in line forever. Absolutely worth it. The soup dumplings were… chef's kiss. Pure, unadulterated joy. Okay, maybe the experience was slightly overrated. But still. Amazing.
  • 2:00 PM: Shopping. Found some cool stuff. Maybe spent a little too much money. Oops. (Maybe I should stay away from the stores.)
  • 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Resting. Thinking about those dumplings. And the toilet. (ugh)
  • 7:00 PM: Found a ramen place after searching on TripAdvisor and had Ramen. Not as good as the first time but good enough.
  • 9:00 PM: Bed
  • Day 4: Farewell Taipei (and hopefully cleaner toilets!)
  • 9:00 AM: Last Breakfast at GAWA Hotel. Farewell.
  • 10:00 AM: Check-out. Goodbye, minimalist lobby.
  • 11:00 AM: Taxi to the airport.
  • 1:00 PM: Bye Taiwan!

Final Thoughts:

Taipei is… intense. Chaotic. Beautiful. Delicious. Frustrating. And a little bit messy, just like me. I wouldn't trade this for anything. (Except maybe a consistently good cup of coffee and a toilet that doesn't haunt my nightmares.) This trip was a great reminder of how beautiful the world is.

Overland Park's BEST Kept Secret: Drury Inn & Suites Review!

Book Now

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GWA Hotel Taipei: Unbelievable Luxury...Or Just Overhyped? Let's Dive In!

Okay, spill. Is it REALLY worth the GWA Hotel Taipei hype? I've seen the pictures...

Alright, buckle up, because this isn't going to be your polished TripAdvisor review. The GWA Hotel? Yeah, it's… something. Look, the photos don't lie – the lobby is insane. Marble. Gleaming. Like, *seriously* gleaming. And the staff? Oh, they're all smiles and impeccable service. Kinda scary, actually, like you're about to be judged for your shoelace tying skills (which, in my case, are… lacking). Is it *worth* the hype? Ugh, depends on your definition of “worth.” If you have disposable income and a craving for over-the-top luxury? Absolutely. If you're on a budget and secretly hoping to eat instant noodles in your room while binge-watching Netflix? Maybe… reconsider. You'll feel a little out of place, I confess. I did. I definitely did. Now the room...

Let's talk rooms. Are they as ridiculously amazing as they look? And what's the view like?

Okay, the rooms. They’re… impressive. Think HUGE. Like, *vast* amounts of space. The kind of space where you could accidentally lose your phone for a solid hour. The bed? Cloud-like. Seriously, I sunk into it the first night and almost cried. Not in a bad way, mind you. Pure, unadulterated bliss. And that view! Okay, here’s where I'm going to get personal. I'd booked a room facing the mountains (smart, right?). Nope. Got something that faced a concrete wall. Ugh! Lesson learned: always double-check your room assignment. This isn't the hotel's fault, I know. But still...concrete wall. And the other thing. The *bathroom*... marble, marble, everywhere! So much marble! But the view? Not amazing, But the room... the room was amazing. Just... a little empty.

The food! I'm a foodie - what's the dining experience like? Are there good restaurants nearby?

The food! Okay, listen up. The GWA Hotel has *several* restaurants, all of which are… fancy. Like, "do I need to wear a tie?" fancy. The breakfast buffet is an EXPERIENCE. A *massive* experience. Everything imaginable, from dim sum to Western breakfast staples. But here is the kicker! It was *crowded*. Like, elbows-out, scramble-for-the-last-croissant crowded. Made me wish I had skipped the whole trip and ordered room service, But that's the price to pay for luxury. Now, nearby restaurants? Taipei is a foodie paradise! Forget the hotel's Michelin-starred options if you are a person with a budget or wants to explore something authentic. Walk a few blocks and you’ll stumble upon amazing street food, vibrant night markets, and hole-in-the-wall gems. I found a *fantastic* noodle shop just down the street from the hotel. Best. Noodles. Ever. (Sorry, GWA.)

The Spa? Yes or No? Tell me everything!

The spa. Okay, so I *almost* didn’t go. Because, you know, "luxury." And I’m more of a “sweaty gym and then devour a pizza” kind of person. But… I caved. And it was… good. Really, really good. Dim lighting, soothing music, the whole shebang. I got a massage, of course. And the masseuse, bless her heart, worked out knots I didn't even *know* I had. For a few hours, I *was* a relaxed and glamorous person. Until I ran into a group of Instagram models clogging the pool after my treatment. Then I went back to being me.

Is the service *really* as amazing as everyone says? Any behind-the-scenes drama?

The service? Okay, it's… impressive. Almost… *too* impressive. They anticipate your needs before you even know you have them. Like, I dropped a napkin, and *poof*, someone was there with a replacement before I could even bend down. It's a little unnerving at first. One story. I asked for extra pillows. And they showed up in *minutes.* And not just two pillows. Six. I was practically swimming in pillows. Was it helpful? I don't know. Was it luxurious? Yes. Was it overkill? Maybe. No drama. But the sheer efficiency… it’s something to behold.

What's the best thing about the GWA Hotel? And what’s the worst?

Okay, best and worst, distilled down to the raw essentials, no sugarcoating. * **Best:** The sheer, unadulterated *luxury* of the rooms. Seriously, sinking into that bed… I still dream about it. Also, the staff. While slightly intimidating, they are incredibly attentive and helpful. * **Worst:** The potential for feeling a bit… out of place. It’s definitely geared towards a particular demographic. Also, the breakfast buffet can be a zoo. And the cost! I'm still saving up from this trip. (Just kidding...kinda)

Would you go back? And who would you recommend it to?

Would I go back? Hmm… if someone *else* was paying, absolutely! Look, it's a fantastic hotel. It’s just… it felt a little *too* perfect. Like, I longed for a slightly chipped teacup or a slightly wonky picture frame. But that's just me. Who would I recommend it to? If you value luxury, impeccable service, and don't mind the price tag, then *absolutely*. Honeymooners, special occasion celebrators, and people looking to indulge themselves… go for it! If you’re looking for a more down-to-earth, authentic experience, maybe explore some of Taipei's other fantastic (and more budget-friendly) options first. Or just… save up for a while and then go crazy at the GWA. You know. Your call. But if you do stay there. Be prepared to never want to leave... your luxurious, perfectly appointed escape!

Any final thoughts or things I should know before booking?

Okay, one final thought. Pack something nice. Seriously. You'll feel out of place in jeans and a t-shirt. And be prepared to tip (discreetly, of course). Also, learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. Not essential, but it's always appreciated. Finally: relax and embrace the extravagance! It's an experience, that's for sure. And hey, even if it's not *perfect*, it's a damn good place to spend a few days. Just… maybe don't judge me if you see me lurking inHotels In Asia Search

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan

GAWA Hotel Taipei Taiwan