W Hollywood: LA's Hottest Hotel? (You'll Want to See This)

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood: LA's Hottest Hotel? (You'll Want to See This)

W Hollywood: LA's Hottest Hotel? (You'll Want to See This…and Maybe Hate It a Little?) - A Messy, Honest Review

Okay, let's be real. "Hottest Hotel" is a bold claim. And the W Hollywood? Well, it is definitely a thing. I've just spent a few nights there, and my brain feels like a glitter bomb exploded inside it. Let's unpack this, shall we? Prepare for a long one, because honestly, there's a LOT to dissect.

First Impressions: The Glitter Bomb Effect

Pulling up to the W is… well, it's a visual assault. Sleek, modern, and completely unapologetic. Think high-gloss surfaces, flashing lights, and a general air of "we’re cooler than you." The valet, bless their hearts, are efficient, but the whole process feels a bit… showy. Right away, you know this isn't a place for a quiet retreat. It's a stage.

Accessibility: Navigating the Maze

Alright, crucial stuff. Wheelchair accessible is on the list (thank god!), and there are facilities for disabled guests. But… the whole place is like a series of interconnected ramps and elevators. Getting around feels accessible, but it takes a bit of brainpower to navigate, and the sheer size can be overwhelming for some. The lobby, a constant swirl of people, can be a challenge. Elevators are plentiful, which is a major plus. Specifics like bathroom accessibility should be checked directly.

Rooms: The Glamour Trap (and the Fine Print)

My room? Wi-Fi [free] in every room, which is a must. Air conditioning, thank heavens! But the devil's in the details. While seemingly luxurious, the rooms themselves feel a bit… contrived. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver, allowing me to sleep off a brutal red-eye. Amenities are plentiful: bathrobes, slippers, a coffee/tea maker, a mini-bar…. But the design? A bit much. Think mirrored walls, a shower that's basically a glass box in the middle of the room, and a general vibe of trying really hard. The desk was functional, and the laptop workspace was appreciated.

Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobes, Rejoice! (Mostly)

Okay, HUGE points for the cleaning crew. The hotel seems to be on a constant cleaning spree. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and professional-grade sanitizing services are all in effect. My room seemed spotless. Rooms sanitized between stays, and the option to opt-out? Yes, please. They even have hand sanitizer readily available everywhere. Staff is trained in safety protocols, which is reassuring. They even have individually-wrapped food options. This is a welcome sight post-pandemic.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Overpriced Bliss (and Tears)

This is where things get… complicated. The W Hollywood is all about the scene. Expect sky-high (literally) prices. They have, like, a million restaurants and bars. The Poolside bar is a must-visit, even if your wallet weeps. The views are amazing – that pool with a view is definitely a selling point.

  • Delphine Restaurant (and its infamous $25 side of fries): I tried the salad in the restaurant. It was good, but the price? Absolutely ridiculous. And the service was… slow. I went in with a friend. The ambiance is nice, with the whole vibe.
  • The Living Room: A swanky lounge area. Great cocktails, terrible prices. And the happy hour? Forget about it. You're better off hitting up a dive bar nearby.
  • Room Service [24-hour]: A lifesaver when you're too exhausted to face the hordes, as I was on multiple occasions. The breakfast in room was decent, if overpriced.

Things To Do, and Ways To Relax: Spa Day or Bust? (or a Broken Bank Account)

The spa is… fancy. They offer your typical array of treatments: massage, body wrap, body scrub, foot bath, the whole shebang. I didn’t indulge. The prices felt too steep, even for a hotel. But there is a sauna and steam room available on site, so that's a win. Gym/fitness: Yes, and from what I saw, everyone was ripped. Don't judge me for not participating. I was too busy stuffing my face with overpriced fries.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag

  • Business facilities: If you need to work, they have them: audio-visual equipment for special events, meeting/banquet facilities, xerox/fax in the business center, meeting stationery, projector/LED display.
  • Concierge: Helpful, but sometimes felt a little… scripted?
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Convenience store: Essential for overpriced snacks when the mini-bar runs dry.
  • Luggage storage: Thank god, because my suitcase was huge.
  • Pets allowed unavailable: I guess there's no reason to ask if the place is for pets.

For The Kids: Not Exactly a Theme Park

They offer babysitting service. But really, I'm not sure the W is the most child-friendly place.

Getting Around: Location, Location, Location…and a Lot Of Traffic

The W Hollywood is in a fantastic location, right in the heart of… well, everything. Airport transfer available, taxi service readily available, and valet parking (expect to pay). Car park [free of charge] would be a very very useful. You're close to everything, making it easy to get around.

The Quirks, The Annoyances, and The Unexpected Gems

  • The Soundproofing (sort of): My room was supposedly soundproof, but I could still hear the faint thrum of the city and the occasional party noise.
  • The People-Watching: Prime. Seriously, the lobby is a goldmine for observing the human species in all its glamorous and occasionally awkward glory.
  • The Staff: Mostly friendly and helpful, but occasionally a little… detached, like they're used to dealing with demanding celebrities.
  • The "Elevator Mood": The elevators themselves are designed to play music, and it is loud. It's like they want you to notice how cool they think they are.

The Verdict: Is It Worth It?

That depends.

If you want:

  • To be seen.
  • Amazing views and a vibrant city vibe.
  • Immaculate cleaning standards.
  • A central location.
  • Access to dining and fun.

Then, yes, the W Hollywood might be your jam.

If you want:

  • Peace and quiet.
  • Budget-friendly options.
  • Authenticity.
  • Personalized Service.

Then, run.

The Offer: A Glittering Escape (with a Caveat)

Okay, here's the deal: Book a stay at the W Hollywood using code "GLAMOURGETAWAY" and get:

  • A guaranteed room upgrade (subject to availability).
  • A complimentary welcome cocktail at the Living Room.
  • A late check-out to savor (or recover from) your Hollywood experience.

BUT (and this is important): Be prepared for the price tag. Be prepared for the scene. Be prepared to feel a little… overwhelmed. But if you go in with your eyes open, the W Hollywood can be a truly unforgettable experience. Just maybe bring an extra credit card. And some earplugs.

Final Thought: The W Hollywood is a paradox: It's over-the-top and exhausting but also exhilarating and undeniably cool. It's not perfect. But it's definitely an experience. And hey, at least you'll have a story to tell. I know I do. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. The glitter bomb is still going off in my head.

Sue's Homestay: Your Dream Barbados Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

Alright, hold onto your hats, because we're about to dive headfirst into a W Hollywood LA adventure. Forget Instagram-perfect travel blogs, this is gonna be messy, real, and probably a little bit embarrassing. Buckle up, buttercups!

Day 1: Hollywood Hustle & Hotel Hangovers

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up… Eventually (W Hollywood Room 812, probably a king, definitely overpriced). Okay, so technically I woke up at like, 7:00 AM, eyes popping, but because of that damn jet lag and the blinding California sun trying to force itself through the curtains. Then I spent a solid hour trying to remember what day it was, what city I was in, and if I actually needed that second mimosa from last night. The answer, as always, was yes. (Pro-tip: book a room on a higher floor. The street noise is a beast.)
  • 10:00 AM: Breakfast of Champions (aka room service). Ordering eggs benedict. Because, why the hell not? This trip is supposed to be about living it up. The eggs came, and they were fine, the hollandaise was maybe a tad too tart, but when the server knocked and handed me a plate and the beautiful sunshine, I had to remind myself there was nothing more to be said.
  • 11:00 AM: The Hollywood Walk of Shame. Okay, I mean, the Walk of Fame. My brain is still on "recovery" mode. First impression: It's… a lot. A lot of people, a lot of costumed characters (Spiderman looked like he'd seen better days), and a lot of people trying to sell you tours you probably don't need. And the stars? Covered in… well, let's just say the cleaners were slacking a bit. Found my favorite celebrity's star…and tried to take a nice picture. But, some random dude kept walking in front. "Excuse me, sir!"
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch at Musso & Frank Grill. This place is legendary. Old Hollywood vibes dripping off the walls. And the martinis? Strong. Very strong. (Maybe a bit too strong. See: afternoon nap.) The food was decent. The old school charm and rich history was absolutely lovely. The waiters are probably older than your grandma.
  • 2:30 PM: Nap Time (W Hollywood). The martinis did their job. I passed out for about an hour and a half, dreaming of pool days and fresh fruit.
  • 4:00 PM: Poolside Panic (W Hollywood rooftop pool). The W pool is… well, it’s a scene. Thumping music, tanned bodies, and more selfie sticks than actual people. The view is amazing, though. I managed to find a relatively quiet corner, ordered a ridiculously overpriced cocktail (passion fruit, because I deserve it today), and attempted to read. Failed miserably. Focused on people-watching (a great pastime, really). Some girl was giving a speech or a pitch or something, it was very dramatic.
  • 6:00 PM: Pre-Dinner Pondering (W Hollywood Room). Time to get ready for dinner. I look at my closet, staring at the clothing and the decision. It's a first-world problem, I know. So much to choose from, such little time! The outfit battle commenced. (After some frantic wardrobe choices, I finally locked down a reasonable look that felt both elevated and casual - black dress, and statement earrings. Phew!)
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at Beauty & Essex. Oh. My. God. This place is a vibe. You enter through a pawn shop (seriously!), and then bam! Gorgeous, dimly lit restaurant with delicious food and even better cocktails. I ordered a few things, and then ordered a few more things! (I'm talking about the bone marrow. And the truffle pasta. And the branzino. Okay, I had a small appetite). It was a total sensory overload in the best way possible.
  • 10:00 PM: W Lounge - Drinks and Dancing. It's loud. It's crowded. It's pure Hollywood. The music was great, the cocktails were potent (again), and I ended up chatting with a couple of random girls who were hilarious. The night was definitely a success, I felt, until…
  • 12:00 AM: The "Where'd My Phone Go?" Disaster. So, yeah. Lost my phone. Apparently, the dance floor and tequila shots don't mix. Hours later, after a search party consisting of the hotel staff and a very patient bartender, the phone was found…under a sofa. Good times.

Day 2: Griffith Observatory & After-Hours Adventures

  • 9:30 AM : Morning-After Regrets (W Hollywood). Woke up feeling…rough. Headache, dry mouth, the whole shebang. Decided to skip the breakfast. (Learned my lesson.)
  • 10:30 AM: Uber to Griffith Observatory. The drive up is beautiful, even with the splitting headache. The views are insane. Absolutely worth the trek. The observatory itself is packed, but the exhibits are cool, and the planetarium show is genuinely fascinating. I even saw some stars! (Or maybe it was still the tequila haze?)
  • 1:00 PM: Picnic in the Park. Grabbed some sandwiches and a bottle of water from a local deli and wandered into the park. Found a secluded spot and enjoyed the view, fresh air and silence (a perfect contrast to the noise just hours ago).
  • 2:30 PM: Strolling and Shopping on Melrose Avenue. My head was throbbing less, so I decided to do some shopping. Found some cute vintage stores. Even bought myself a new pair of sunglasses and a quirky t-shirt that I probably won't wear again.
  • 4:00 PM: W Hotel Nap (Necessary). Another nap. Still recovering. Still pondering my life choices.
  • 6:00 PM: Pre-Dinner Drinks at a rooftop bar (Somewhere else, maybe near the Sunset Strip). The name escapes me, but the sunset was stunning. That was the best part - the view.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner in a local restaurant (Still not sure, will decide when i get hungry). I opted for something simple and comforting. Think Italian. This time I don't have to deal with excessive eating and going overboard.
  • 10:00 PM: The "Wandering the Sunset Strip" Experiment. Didn't have a plan. I will just walk along the iconic Sunset Strip, soaking up the atmosphere, maybe stopping by a club or bar if the mood strikes. Who knows what the night will bring..
  • 12:00 AM (or later): Midnight Snack and Bed Because I'm starving again!

Day 3: Hollywood Farewell & Departure (If I Ever Leave)

  • 9:00 AM: Last Breakfast Enjoy a delicious last breakfast at the same place.
  • 10:00 AM: Last Visit I will give it another try!
  • 12:00 PM: Check Out It's time to leave. But will I though?
  • 1:00 PM: Head to the airport
  • 4:00 PM: Departure!

The Verdict:

The W Hollywood, the city lights, the people, the drama. It was great, it was exhausting, and it was totally worth it. I'm already planning my return. Maybe next time, I'll learn to pace myself with the martinis. Or not.

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Bijie Hotel! (Qixingguan)

Book Now

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

Okay, So... W Hollywood: Actually Worth the Hype? (Spoiler Alert: Maybe, Just Sort Of...)

Alright, deep breath. W Hollywood. The name itself just drips with...something. Status? Pretension? Both? Look, I've been there. Twice. Okay, maybe three times if you count the *brief* attempt to sneak into their rooftop pool once (didn't work). Is it "LA's Hottest Hotel"? That depends. Are you easily impressed by shiny things and people who look like they stepped out of a music video? Then yeah, maybe. ARE you expecting flawlessly efficient service, a deep connection to the earth, or a quiet night's sleep? Oh, honey, strap in. This is a *vibe*.

The Rooms: Instagram Worthy...But Livable Long Term?

The rooms? Gorgeous. Absolutely. Designed for those perfectly angled selfies. Think sleek lines, mood lighting, and a general air of "expensive." The first time I stayed, I literally did a slow pan across the room, just taking it all in. Very satisfying. But then... you start *living* in them. Small things. Like, WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR SUITCASE? (I ended up tripping over mine for three days). Or the fact that the bathroom, while chic, doesn't have much counter space. And the noise... Oh, the noise. Let's just say, earplugs are essential. Unless you *want* to hear the faint thrum of the bass from the DJ downstairs until 3 AM. Even with earplugs... it's a *process*.

Let's Talk About the Pool... The One Reason You're Probably Considering This Place. Is it Worth the Price of Admission (and the Potential for a Bad Tan Line)?

The pool. Ah, yes. *The* pool. Look, it's iconic. Picturesque. People-watching central. The views are stunning. The cocktails? Expensive, but decent. The problem? It's always, always, ALWAYS packed. I once saw a woman fight another woman for a prime sun lounger. Literally. Like, hair-pulling, accusations of "reservation sabotage" kind of fight. It was... thrilling? Terrifying? Mostly, it made me realize I wasn't cut out for that level of poolside drama. So, yes, it's *worth* going. But maybe plan to arrive when the sun is barely up, and be prepared to be extremely assertive. Or, y'know, just embrace the chaos and order another margarita. I went the margarita route. No regrets. Kind of.

Food & Drink: Are You Actually Going to Eat Here, Or Just Take Photos?

The food. Okay, honestly? It's fine. Not mind-blowing, not terrible. Just... fine. The restaurant (I've eaten at it multiple times, mostly because it's *there*) is trendy, the service is uneven, and your bill will make you weep slightly. The cocktails at the bar? Again, tasty, but prepare to pay a premium for the privilege of holding a fancy glass. Honestly, you're probably better off hitting up one of the many amazing restaurants *outside* the hotel. I spent a whole evening wandering the streets of Hollywood looking for food. Finally, I ended up back at the hotel! Because I was tired and hungry; sometimes convenience wins.

The Service: Is It Flawless Or Just... Flaky?

Service is... a mixed bag. Some staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Others? Well, let's just say they seem to be auditioning for a role in a movie about jaded hospitality workers. I once waited 20 minutes for a coffee refill, even though the server looked at me directly several times. (Maybe I should have been more assertive.) It really depends. There were good times, where I felt like I was getting the royal treatment! Bad times, when I felt all but invisible. It's a gamble.

Okay, So...The Vibe... What IS It?

The vibe? Okay, this is key. It's... energy. Lots of it. The W Hollywood *is* a scene. It’s a mix of tourists, locals, influencers (of *course*), and people who clearly know someone. It's a place to see and be seen. If that's your thing, you'll *love* it. If you prefer a quiet, understated experience, you might find yourself feeling a bit... out of place. Me? I'm somewhere in the middle. I enjoy people-watching, I love the occasional photo opportunity... but I also crave peace and quiet. The W Hollywood is not exactly a zen retreat. Still, I'm going back! There's something alluring about it!

Is it Good For a Romantic Getaway?

Romance? Well, depends on your definition of romantic. If romance means dimmed lights, expensive champagne, and the possibility of spotting a celebrity (saw one!), then yes! Otherwise... it might be a bit too much hustle and bustle. It might be more of a 'let's take a bunch of pictures and then get REALLY good food somewhere else' kind of place. A good date? Potentially. The *perfect* spot for a deep, intimate bond? Perhaps not. Unless you find shared annoyance at the loud music bonding.

The Location: Is It Actually as Convenient as They Say?

Location, location, location! The W Hollywood has that nailed. Right on Hollywood Boulevard, close to everything (the TCL Chinese Theatre, the Walk of Fame, all the touristy stuff). Easy to get around, *if* you're okay with LA traffic. And believe me, it's ALWAYS traffic. So, yes, convenient... if you're prepared to battle the gridlock. Uber is your friend; you'll need it. Walking is an option... for short distances. And good shoes. You will walk a *lot*.

So, Final Verdict: Should You Stay at the W Hollywood?

Honestly? It depends. Are you a social butterfly, craving excitement and a good photo op? Do you want to be in the thick of things? Then, yes, totally. Go. Embrace the chaos, order the overpriced cocktails, and soak up the Hollywood energy. Just go in with your eyes open, knowing that it's not perfect. Are you looking for peace, quiet, and impeccable service? Maybe look elsewhere. (But then again, you might be missing out on the fun. It's a risk!). I'd go back. Maybe next time I'll try getting to that pool when it opens. Or maybe, I'll just order room service and watch the show from my instagram-worthy room! Decide for yourself but don't let it be a disappointment!

Backpacker Hotel Find

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States

W Hollywood Los Angeles (CA) United States