Manado's BEST Hotel? This Manado Quality Hotel Review Will SHOCK You!
Manado's "BEST" Hotel? Hold My Bintang! A Review That Might SHOCK You (And Hopefully Make You Book)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I’ve just returned from a whirlwind adventure in Manado, Indonesia, and the hotel situation? Well, let's just say it's a mixed bag. But, after sifting through the glitter and the grime, I think I might've stumbled upon the spot. And this Manado Quality Hotel Review, it turns out, might just surprise you.
First things first: Accessibility. Finding truly accessible hotels in Indonesia can be a lottery. This place? Let's give it a solid B+. They claim to be wheelchair accessible and, for the most part, they deliver. The elevators were smooth, the ramps were… mostly there (a few minor bumps, but nothing a determined traveler couldn't handle), and the hallways were wide enough to avoid a claustrophobic meltdown. The services and conveniences list is long, including an elevator. Now, I'm not disabled, but I always appreciate a place that tries. Sadly, Facilities for disabled guests is all that is explicitly mentioned for assistance. But hey, baby steps, right?
Let's talk Internet. Crucial. Like, oxygen-level crucial in this digital age. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Big win. Although, let's be real, the connection sometimes felt like communicating via carrier pigeon on a windy day. It's the usual story: you'll be streaming a movie, then bam! "Buffering…" But, it's free. And in the common areas, the Wi-Fi in public areas was generally pretty decent. No Internet [LAN] options that I saw (my inner nerd is slightly disappointed), but for most of us, the wireless situation is okay. Internet services in general are basic.
Now for the fun stuff. The rooms. Mine? Decent. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver in the Manado heat, and the Blackout curtains meant sweet, sweet sleep after a long day of exploring. They had the usual suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (nice touch!), Bathtub (essential!), Bathroom phone (who uses those anymore?), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed (bliss!), Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and Window that opens. All that stuff. Nothing truly shocking there. Except…
One morning, I woke up to the most glorious sunrise, streaming through my window that opens. I’m not exaggerating, it felt like the hotel was personally greeting me with its best. I actually felt… happy. That’s a win, right?
But let’s get real for a second. The Cleanliness and safety aspect… well, that's where this hotel really shines. Post-pandemic, I am hyper aware. This place? Impressive. They clearly take it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They even had Room sanitization opt-out available – a nice touch for those who are extra cautious. It felt…safe. Like, genuinely safe. They even had a Doctor/nurse on call available.
Dining, drinking, and snacking… Ah, the heart (and stomach) of any good hotel experience. The Restaurants, plural! Yes! And the food? Okay, it wasn't exactly Michelin-star worthy, but it was GOOD. They served Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Western breakfast, to cater to all the tastebuds. The Breakfast [buffet] was my jam. I lived for those tiny Indonesian pancakes. And the coffee? Strong enough to raise the dead. They also had a Poolside bar where you could sip on a Bintang, watching the sun dip below the horizon. Pure bliss. They also offered A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Bottle of water, and Buffet in restaurant, proving to be versatile! The Coffee shop was a lifesaver, too. And they even had a Vegetarian restaurant. If I had one minor complaint, I'd have loved a bit more variety in the salad options. But hey, I’m a salad snob, sue me! The Room service [24-hour] was a godsend after a particularly long day of diving.
Now, here’s a story for you. One evening, I ordered room service. Simple stuff: a burger and fries. But the burger arrived, and it was…amazing. Like, seriously, amazing. The bun was perfectly toasted, the patty was juicy, the fries were crispy and salted just right. I ate it in my bathrobe, watching a terrible action movie on the on-demand movies and it was the perfect hotel moment. It’s the little things, people! That's how you make a Happy hour and a Snack bar seem like the height of luxury!
Things to do, ways to relax… This is where this hotel truly shines. They had a Fitness center (I peeked, didn't use), a Swimming pool (actually a few pools, including a Pool with a view – stunning!), a Gym/fitness, and – get this – a Spa! The spa, friends, was a game-changer. I opted for a Massage, and it was… heavenly. The masseuse was incredibly skilled, and the atmosphere was pure tranquility. They also have Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Sauna, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom. I almost didn’t want to leave. They even had a Sauna, which, let’s be honest, is a rarity in this part of the world. Just go. Seriously. Go.
Now, listen, I know hotels can be tricky. Sometimes you get the Insta-worthy perfection. Sometimes you get…well, not. This place? It’s got some quirks. The exterior corridor isn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world. The elevator sometimes felt like it was run by hamsters. But overall, I was genuinely impressed and found myself comfortable, and that matters more than a perfectly manicured Instagram feed.
For the kids and Family/child friendly aspect is good, with Babysitting service and Kids meal.
Services and conveniences are provided in abundance, with Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Safety deposit boxes, and Smoking area on offer.
Getting around. They have Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, and Valet parking.
Business facilities offer Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Invoice provided, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Projector/LED display, Seminars, and Xerox/fax in business center.
In conclusion: Is it the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in? No. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But is it comfortable, clean, safe, and filled with little moments of unexpected joy? Absolutely. And that, my friends, is what makes a great hotel.
Quirky Observations/Emotional Reactions:
- The constant smell of frangipani in the lobby was almost overwhelming… but in a good way!
- The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, even when my Indonesian language skills failed miserably.
- I may or may not have spent an entire afternoon by the pool, reading a trashy novel and pretending to be a glamorous movie star. (Don't judge me!)
- I actually miss those tiny Indonesian pancakes. Seriously.
So… Should You Book It?
Look, I can't tell you what to do. But if you're looking for a comfortable, clean, safe, and fun hotel in Manado, this place is a winner. And if you're feeling adventurous, try the spa. You won't regret it.
Now, for the Persuasion Bomb (aka: The Offer!):
Tired of the usual hotel disappointments? Do you want to stay in a Manado Quality Hotel? Let us put the SHOCK back in your travel!
**Book your stay at
Royal Park Samarinda: Your Luxurious Indonesian Escape Awaits!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's pristine itinerary. This is Manado, baby, and we're about to get messy with it. Hotel Manado Quality, here we come!
Manado Mayhem: A Slightly-Unhinged Itinerary (Expect Hiccups!)
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic (Indonesian Time is a Suggestion, Apparently)
- Morning (Like, REALLY morning - thanks, jet lag): Land at Sam Ratulangi International Airport (MDC). Pray to the travel gods for a smooth customs experience. My last trip to Indonesia involved a very confused official and a frantic search for my visa… let's just say, I learned the hard way to pack essentials in my carry-on.
- Hotel Arrival & Room Inspection (and minor freakout): Finally, the Hotel Manado Quality! Hopefully, it's a quality hotel. I've booked a "superior room" (fingers crossed it's not "superiorly depressing"). First impressions: Lobby seems okay, smells vaguely of… something. Okay, deep breaths. Room: Uh oh. They gave me a smoking room. The air-conditioning is just… barely on. I'm gonna go down to the reception and try to change it. (Side note: If I can't, I may have to buy a new pair of lungs. I'm very sensitive about smells.)
- Lunch Disaster (or Delicious Discovery?): The hotel restaurant is calling my name. I'll try the local fare… probably something spicy, which is always a gamble with my delicate stomach. I will order a cup of coffee and wait for the breakfast to be served, maybe with some toast and jam. There's always the buffet option.
- Afternoon: Dive Headfirst (Literally, Hopefully) into Bunaken: I booked a day trip to Bunaken Island. Snorkeling! I've heard the coral is out of this world. This is what I'm looking forward to the most. The only problem is that I am not a marine person. The boat ride might be slightly bumpy. I hope I don't get seasick. Must. Remember. Dramamine. Also, did I remember sunscreen? Ugh. I'll probably look like a lobster by the end of the day. Let's embrace our inner mermaid!
- Evening: Dinner back at the hotel (if I survive the dive). Maybe try some fresh grilled fish. Hopefully, this time, I won't spill my water on the table and my neighbor. After dinner, I go back to the room. I have to prepare my clothes for the next day and my bathing kit. The most important thing to prepare is my passport and my documents.
Day 2: The Bunaken Bliss (and the Aftermath)
- Morning (The Morning After Bunaken): Okay, so the snorkeling? Mind. Blown. The coral, the fish, the… the sheer vastness of the ocean… It was an experience unlike any other in my life. I really lost track of time. I did get a bit close to a reef though. I think I got my toes cut. Anyway, I'm sunburnt, slightly pruney, and utterly exhilarated. But that feeling is swiftly being replaced with the urgent need for a long shower and a nap where no one is allowed to wake me.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: The Nap/Recovery Mission: Find my room. Crawl into bed. Sleep. Repeat. It's time to recharge.
- Late Afternoon: Exploring! (Maybe): I would love to explore the city. I can finally visit some of its best locations. I would like to visit the Zero Point. It's near the city. I would love to explore the city by foot rather than going by car. It's gonna be a long walk but hey, I'm up to the challenge!
- Evening: Food Coma and Reflections. Dinner at a local restaurant. Maybe try some tinutuan (a local porridge). Then, back to the hotel, more time to finish my work and prepare for the next day.
Day 3: Market Mayhem and Departure Preparations
- Morning: Visit the local market. I want to find some spices and maybe some souvenirs (if I have any room left in my already bulging suitcase). Prepare to bargain – my negotiation skills are… rusty.
- Afternoon: Pool time! Sunbathing and relaxing. Because I deserve to.
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel (again, convenience is key). Last-minute packing. Panic about forgetting something vital (passport? charger? sanity?). Double-check everything. Mentally prepare for the inevitable airport chaos.
- Night: Final meal, maybe some cocktails. Start to say goodbye to this beautiful place.
Day 4: Goodbye, Manado! (Until Next Time?)
- Morning: Airport run. Praying the airport lines aren't as long as my bank account feels after this trip. Smooth departure!
- Reflections on The Trip (Post-Flight, Probably with a Coffee in Hand): Manado, you were an adventure. The heat, the humidity, the vibrant culture, the stunning underwater world… it all hit me like a tidal wave. There were moments I questioned my sanity (that smoking room!), moments of pure bliss (Bunaken!), and moments where I just wanted to crawl back into bed. But, despite the minor mishaps and the overall messiness, it was a trip I'll never forget. And yes, I'm already dreaming of coming back. Maybe next time, I'll learn to bargain properly. Or maybe not. Part of the fun is the chaos, right?
This is just a guideline. The best part about travel is letting the unexpected happen, and I'm sure Manado will deliver plenty of that! Wish me luck, and don't forget the Dramamine!
Indonesian Jewel: Depok's Chic Studio Escape! (Saladdin Mansion)